1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Giant Asian Hornets

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Oct 20, 2023.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I'm reminded of the old Jerry Clower joke,'Is there a wrong way to kill a rattle snake?'

Bob Wilson

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually all you dumb humans have killed rattlesnakes by reacting to their rattle and so the rattlesnakes that don't rattle are thriving and will bite you and you might not know what happened so you die because you didn't get anti-venom soon enough.

And because I live a lifestyle of constantly interacting with wildlife I can assure you that it's not intelligence that makes humans superior to other lifeforms, but senseless cruelty and an ability to commit mass murder that serves no purpose.

By my count fungus and bacteria and other life forms that have thrived on this plant for billions of years to a near a 1/2 billion years are superior by every measure because they have had way more time to develop their genetic intelligence that wildlife diversity is a blooming of... Meanwhile short-lived humans look more and more like a miscarriage not much different than a planet killing meteor instead of a viable way to help the earth evolve and thrive with massive amounts of life/consciousness/intelligence.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Rattlesnakes ..... tastes like chicken. they don't call it snake load for nothing. If it weren't for rattlesnakes - I might be barefoot

Screenshot_2023-10-21-07-21-13-65_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

;)

Jerry Clower? i'd NEVER heard of him ... but after listening to several of his bits ? Thanks for the intro!

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    can we get a pick of your asian hornet footwear?

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    #5 hill, Oct 22, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
  6. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  7. rsage

rsage New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    interesting take. i never thought about it like that. is it that black and white though?

8. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's not that black and white, but microbioligists have plenty of evidence that billions of years of far more superior collective intelligence of millions of species of fungus and bacteria is the foundation upon which all these larger "more complex" lifeforms came into existence in the past 1/2 billion years. I mean it took us dummies until last week to discover and finally formally announce the most fundamental law of the universe that is the antithesis (or at least a huge plot twist) of entropy: https://www.space.com/scientists-propose-missing-law-evolution-of-everything-in-the-universe

What's more humans still don't know how to cultivate and grow more than 1% of the bacteria that exists in our world.

9. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I hope you don't lose sleep over this stuff.....

10. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is an extremely strong over-representation for what is really, at this point, just a new hypothesis:

"Researchers have proposed a "missing" scientific law for the evolution of life, minerals, planets, stars and pretty much everything else in the universe."

New hypotheses are proposed very frequently. Most eventually get weeded out by new test results, only a small portion survive and go on to be elevated to actual 'law'.

#10 fuzzy1, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  11. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I actually sleep better if I spent the previous day learning lots of new things... Learning new things is the best cure for most age related degeneration. It also makes you a more interesting person to have a conversation with!

tochatihu likes this.
  12. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lol.... Never underestimate the ability of "modern" humans to immediately dismiss new knowledge without learning more... It's how ignorance perpetuates itself

For those who have spent a lifetime studying astrophysics and molecular biology and deep ecology, this hypothesis is profoundly all-encompassing of almost everything we've learned in the sciences.

But I get it, All you flat earthers ridiculed Galileo and told him to keep his mouth shut and when he refused they told him that his book was speaking nonsense and jailed him and banned his book... Same thing Fuzzy is doing right now.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    We were burning witches 600 years ago still have trouble with COVID and other vaccinations:
    upload_2023-10-26_19-26-13.png

Bob Wilson

14. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    PriusCamper likes this.
  15. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oh, I don't ... or the ability of the same humans to immediately treat a new idea as 'knowledge' before the fork comes out clean. The two abilities kind of balance each other. Looked like fuzzy1 was going for the balance ... sort of like the last person quoted in the article was.

16. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Never dismiss the ability of humans of misread and misrepresent the very articles they cite.

Now you are coming back to current reality. This is a very different from how you represented it in your earlier post:
    I can't remember anything that went from initial publication as a hypothesis, to fundamental law of the universe, in even just ten years, let alone ten days (Oct 16 to 26, 2023).

Please check your meds, it sounds like something is going off again. You don't want to be going way off your rocker and into a deep tirade again, like you have several other times.

#17 fuzzy1, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  17. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems that every time one of the larger particle colliders establishes a new firm measurement or new particle, many (even dozens) of forks (hypotheses) get pulled out and tossed aside as no longer consistent with reality. Then the researchers and theorists focus more on the remaining fork(s), a reduced set from before but commonly a multi-item set of competing forks. Some of the theorists start brain-storming from the new results and creating new forks, some very similar to existing forks, some drastically different. Other folks focus more on new measurements, and how to make new tests that could winnow down the current selection of forks.

Later, rinse, repeat.

18. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Amazing how people's reactions to a new model is to ridicule those who are like: "yes this makes sense to me... Let's work on this, it's incredibly promising."

It's like they use that excitement as grounds for dismissal with prejudice. #NotSmart

19. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LOL...

#20 PriusCamper, Oct 27, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2023