1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Give me your tired, your poor, your Kinetic Energy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jeneric, Mar 14, 2006.

1. jeneric

jeneric New Member

Now taking pre-orders for large yellow (more colors to come) tri-density foam pads which attach to the rear of your Prius. It comes with lettering stating "Save your Brakes! Let me slow you down!" and then has your custom cell phone number printed at the bottom to talk them through it. This also gives your car true hybrid status, as you receive energy not only from your own gas, but from the gas of other cars as well.

Sorry about all the orders for the stationary bikes that turn your Prius's wheels to charge up the battery. It turned out most people couldn't pedal fast enough to get the wheels past the required 8-12mph with the gear ratio at which they could actually pedal.

Also, I have a filter that lurkers typically use to keep themselves from posting that I'm obviously not using.

Peace out,

2. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    This is a great idea. Get your pad and mount a suction cup harpoon on the front for cars ahead of you and then you can really be generating some energy.

3. modernsituations

modernsituations New Member

show us a picture?

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You don't happen to be an injury attorney, do you? Because with ideas like that one, you'd make a killing on whiplash settlements.

6. jeneric

jeneric New Member

That's going to be one of the selling points of "The Quad," which will come out the following year with Quad-density foam.

7. jeneric

jeneric New Member

maggieddd? You can't resist a challenge, can ya?

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Wow, mention "Prius" and that qualifies this topic to be placed in the Prius Main Forum?

With this new Prius ability, maybe you should have posted in Prius and Hybrid News.

This definitely qualifies for admission in Fuel Economy or Prius Mods.

Since you are taking cell phones, Audio and Electronics would also be a good choice.

Maybe this new Prius ability should be included in Knowledge Base Articles.

Fred's House of Pancakes would also be apropos.

We could also discuss this in Environmental Discussion.

And of course, you could help Danny by becoming a PriusChat Business Sponsor and advertise in the Sponsored Commercial Sales forum . . ."where sales of products and services are allowed".

Just a thought . . . and just kidding. :p

9. jeneric

jeneric New Member

:) Funny!, and good reminder (for us all?), no need to soften the blow (but thanks). Believe it or not, I actually did consider which forum. I should have stayed in Fred's where I belong, but I actually did think since I "mention[ed] "Prius"", it seemed like it shouldn't be in there. "Anything unrelated to the Prius.. Come chat. First Amendment is your friend in here." I also considered sales, but...

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    couldn't get up to the required 8-12 mph on a bike? what kind of bike was that? :eek:

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So where should the Sex in Prius post have gone? :huh:
    Well, it could go in Sales . . . but I think it would then be considered illegal in 49 states. :eek:
    First Amendment is your friend in Fred's. If you want to talk Prius in Fred's, who's to stop you? It's not like preachin' religion in schools. :lol:

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They couldn't get the Prius's wheels turning fast enough, by pedaling on the stationary bike. Note that it was not only the wheels they were trying to turn, but MG2, to generate electricity. In fact, the wheels are almost irrelevant. MG2 was the problem.

Ha ha ha.