1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Give the Gen III guys your opinion of the C versus other models!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ftl, Sep 6, 2012.

1. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Over in the Gen III forum there's a discussion just started on the C versus other models, with a couple of posters saying their dealers told them the C is "selling like molasses in February" and "on the lot for weeks on end".

I posted a contrary opinion; other C owners may want to join in at this link.

2. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What a joke. I wish that had been the case when I was locating one. Could have found several and then wheeled and dealed. Maybe they need to come over to the C forum and say that.o_O
    Dan

3. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Maybe dealers are telling them that to keep them interested in the higher-cost models? Or maybe there are a few places where they aren't selling, and those posters happen to be from there? But there are plenty of articles reporting on the shortage/difficulty of finding one, so...I tend to believe that over a few anecdotes.

Tracy likes this.
  4. brucepmiller

brucepmiller Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Its a personal preference kind of thing. Do you want chocolate or strawberry - not worth arguing over.

RocMills likes this.
  5. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I posted this ---

I traded in a 2010 Liftback for a 2012 C - The exterior appearance of the C was the main driving factor behind this decision - looks way better IMO. In contrast to the OP observation I found the interior of the Prius C 3 to be much nicer than that of the Liftback (2) that I had. Seats in the liftback (2) were very uncomfortable - and there have been several threads about seat discomfort in the Gen3, so I know there are others who agree. The seats in the C are very comfortable, the cornering and general handling is better (its a smaller car) - but the acceleration is a little underwhelming relative to the Gen3. As for the sales rate of 15 - 1, that must be specific to that dealership, sales numbers for August are out and Liftback is at 13,311 C is at 3,428, V is sitting at 3,325, and the overpriced underperforming for its segment PiP was at 1,047. Combined Prius sales were 21,111 making the Prius C 16% of all Prius Sales. Compared to just the liftback + PiP the C is selling at 23.87% So a ratio is pretty close to 1 to 4. Each model has their advantages - but the Prius C is a great car, as is the liftback.

ftl likes this.
  6. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They must not be talking about Las Vegas... there were only two on each Toyota lot in July. As I understand it, now there are none as the dealers are awaiting more stock to arrive. I, too, wish they had had more... as it was, I was looking at the only BSM in town and had no room to bargain.

7. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Im not sure there are any new toyotas that sit on the lot for weeks and weeks. However as im sure most you guys have seen already most genII and genIII people dont like our car much. I think it's the hatch, some people just hate hatch backs.

8. ThaSaint

ThaSaint Go Big Blue!

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I had trouble finding a C4 is all that I know. When dealers got 'em in stock they were either sold within days or it was destined to someone with a deposit down. Took me bout a month and got lucky and called a dealer who just received 2 the night before, and 1 had already sold that morning.

9. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I can understand that - once you've committed to a car you tend to justify the decision no matter what else might be better.

Not that anyone with a C would do that, of course...;)

10. Revan86

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    US????? NEVER!!!!!!! :D

. . . never mind all the consumer reports threads. . . :whistle:

11. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Drove the Prius Two and the Prius C 2 and 4 models. The Prius Two we drove is our son's car which he uses for a family of 5. Primary use is for driving back and forth to work but he also drives the family on short trips in it. We liked it enough to go down to the Toyota dealer and check out their inventory. Drove the Prius C 2 and liked the handling but did not like the interior. Saw a C 4 a few weeks later and fell in love, especially after driving it. If we had a family to transport we would have bought the regular Prius liftback but the C is perfect for us. Love the exterior/interior and the technology is terrific! Took a while to find the color combo we wanted but finally found the exact model. Both the Prius liftback and C are great cars with wonderful MPG. Don't know what all the fuss is about, we are all part of the same family so what gives! Anyone looking at either vehicle should drive both and it won't be difficult to figure out which one is right for you.

12. Revan86

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Its normal sibling rivalry I guess

Archaeo and Rob.au like this.