1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Give Yourself Peace Of Mind By Installing A Lojack Security System In Your New Prius "C"!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by marygreenthumb, Mar 27, 2012.

1. marygreenthumb

marygreenthumb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I know all of you who bought the new "C" Prius love your cars as much as I love my new "C."

Do yourself a favor by installing Lojack in your
    new "C" Prius to give yourself peace of mind
    and protection from the crooks out there who
    didn't work the long hard hours for years like you did to buy your new cars.

The new deluxe Lojack system lets you know
    right away if someone is attempting to steal
    your car in contrast to the prior Lojack system which simply provided a location to find it. The price is $1,000 and will be the best investment you can make in your car and your
    own peace of mind as well as receiving a car insurance discount for doing so.

I have installed Lojack in my last 3 cars
    and am very happy that I did. I believe in
    proacting before something happens rather
    than reacting after it does. :rolleyes:

2. BrunoPuntzJones

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    Is a trim 3 and 4 with the smart key even possible to easily steal?

3. mike091020

mike091020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, that sounds a bit like an advert to me. First of all, the previous Lojack (since at least 2006) did as you say, sent a notice if the car was moved without the fob in it.

Secondly, it is hardly all that good a system. So you know your car is being moved ... what good is that info?

Thirdly, realize that you are signing up for a continuing expense. The batteries need to be replaced and they will tell ONLY your Toyota dealer where to find the batteries. That puts you at the mercy of the rapacious dealers once more.

Finally, there are so damn many Prius's on the road, I can't believe that there is any market for stolen ones. Hell, I see half a dozen of the same year and color of mine every day!

I would hope that the forum moderators will stop this kind of SPAM. The dealers do a good enough job selling this stuff. I would urge people to avoid buying most add-ons sold by the dealer in any case. I was foolish enough to get an extended warranty and they refused to honor it for the headlight problem. They said headlights were consumables ... even though this was a genuine "problem". So much for that.

SquallLHeart likes this.
  4. ChuckGVT

ChuckGVT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not cost effective considering the cost of the car versus the cost of the Lojack. Let the insurance company deal with it because that is why you buy insurance. I'd consider it on a classic car but Prius C's are a dime a dozen.

5. pmike

pmike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is why I sleep in my car with my shotgun.

6. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If someone is going to steal your car, they will. Lojack doesn't stop a flatbed. And your general crook is too stupid to figure out how to bypass the smart key system.

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    With a Prius...I think that is the best argument against going to the $1000 expense of installing a lojack system.

I figure most common thieves? Aren't going to want to mess with the SKS system. And most of them? Are going to choose my neighbors regular ignitioned BMW.

Those that have desire AND knowledge to steal a Prius? Then lojack wouldn't stop them anyway.

No this sounds too much like an advertisement.

I'd say $1000 lojack investment, into a >$20,000 hard to steal Prius c? Is IMO a very questionable investment.

8. madfast

madfast New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    this is silly. the prius is one of the least stolen cars in america.

9. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    By the time you realize your car is gone, locate it, and get to it, it'll be stripped anyways. Just get full coverage insurance...and GAP if you're financing.

10. marygreenthumb

marygreenthumb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    A FEW COMMENTS FOR THE 7-8 PEOPLE WHO RESPONDED NEGATIVELY TO MY THREAD REGARDING INSTALLING LOJACK

1. I don't sell Lojack or know anybody that
    sells Lojack. But I do care about the people
    on this forum.

2. You all mention various products from
    time to time for the good of all of us.

3. Insurance companies are known to either
    jack up your premiums or cancel you out
    upon a car theft (after paying you off).
    I know--it happened to me.

4. Police departments are equipped with
    the Lojack technology to track stolen cars
    equipped with Lojack.

5. The negative responses I've gotten from
    the few people who commented remind me
    of a good friend who lives around the
    corner from me. Years ago, after a few
    burglaries in the neighborhood, I warned
    her that her house was vulnerable to
    burglary due to its location as a corner
    house. She said she never had any
    problems and that a neighbor across the
    street always watches. Two months later
    she was burglarized.

6. I respect your viewpoints as I would
    expect you to respect mine. :rolleyes:

11. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To the OP?

You want to spend $1000 dollars to install lojack in your Prius c?

It's your life, your money, your vehicle.

But when you have 10 posts...and 7-8 of them are people generally saying they think it is an bad idea or unneeded?

Well the people have spoken.

I respect your right to post your viewpoint, have your viewpoint. Even in large block colored lettering.

But I don't HAVE to respect your viewpoint. I can say, I think your suggestion is incorrect. Happens all the time in discussion forums. That's kinda what it's all about. Whether its the necessity of lojack, or the use of Zaino vs. Meguiars....

1 person likes this.
  12. pmike

pmike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    why are you yelling at me?

13. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    They drive by Prii and steal Hondas around here.

14. jasoninmass

jasoninmass Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's people in the world that will have negative things to say about even the best product in the world. The fact of the matter is, the peace of mind I get with having LoJack installed on my car is priceless.

15. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hell just spend $127 bucks and buy a Zoombak module. Bury it in your dash and feed it 12 volts and you can track your car from any computer or Smartphone!.
    I put one in my Gen II 3 years ago, works perfectly. Locates the car within 25 ft or so!
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B0014J61GI?tag=priuschatcom-20 is a monthly monitor fee, or a blanket 1 time payment for life! But this is much cheaper than LoJack.
    Besides, with a car with SKS, the only way it's going anywhere is on a flatbed!

16. jasoninmass

jasoninmass Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sure... but what if your car is in a garage, parking structure, woods, shipping container, or anywhere there isnt a direct view of the sky? Any GPS device will not work in this case; LoJack will

17. Beelzel

Beelzel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We, a county in Northern Virginia, have numerous "LoJack sensing" cruisers that prowl around on each shift. Hits are immediately "sped up" and triangulated. Most often caught. Many of the vehicles are in transit from the NYC area heading south on I-95. We have a LoJack on all of our personal cars and the reduction on insurance eventually pays for it...

18. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It also uses cell sites to pinpoint the location, but like I mentioned, with SKS, the only way the car is going anywhere is on a flatbed!

19. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    On a couple of my vehicles I have GPS/Cell devices installed permanently so I can track realtime. If the GPS is low, it still pings by cell service. It stores the last few known "good" GPS receives so unless it goes into an underground network of tunnels, it is pretty obvious when the trail stops infront of some garage. Chances are it is in that garage! And if no GPS can be had then it triangulates on cell signals for basic info. It also captures GPS and keeps it until a cell site is in range if need be. If the criminal stole it from my area, they are around cell coverage and they would have to drive many many hours for that coverage to become anything below stellar.

I can also ping the car at any time and get its exact coordinates either via GPRS or SMS. I also get speed, battery info, cell and gps signal strength info, time, and some unique ID numbers. Cost was $55 for the unit and $9.99 per SIM card per month added onto the family plan.

20. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    OP, I mentioned that your car would likely be stripped if lojack locates it. You made a suggestion, then I countered with a suggestion. How is this responding negatively?