1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Giving up on DICE and Prius Shop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ToddFromNC, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ToddFromNC

ToddFromNC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    After spending several months and sending multiple e-mails to various addresses at both the Prius Shop and DICE I hvae to conclude that I just lost $180 with no recourse. All I know to do is give up, and pass on my experience to help others. Perhaps if the proprieters of these two organizations don't respond to e-mail they will see this thread and reply to it. Not sure what else to do.

I bought a DICE Silverline for my 2007 Prius back in May. It worked fine for a few months. Then my Video Ipod stopped working. Looked like the battery would not recharge at all. I had only had it for a few months. I returned it to Circuit City and received a replacement in a month or so. Then when I hooked it back to the DICE unit the unit would not work. Tried it with two other Ipods with no luck. So I started trying to get some response on the DICE unit which was still under warranty. I have not been able to get even a "Get Lost" reply back... not one word.

I hate that I invested money with folks who will not support their customers. I would expect I am entitled to a replacement unit, but perhaps I am just doing something wrong and all works fine. I have reinstalled it from scratch. The DICE unit is just not recognized at all so I don't even know where to start.

I typcially give folks the benefit of a doubt, but after several months of wasting my time I feel the need to contact the forum and then head toward BBB resources to help others avoid similar mistakes. I would hope others would do that for me.

Now I am off to find a solution that has folks who will answer their support mailbox.