1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Glass Breakage Sensor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Charles Suitt, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My new 2007 Touring Pkg.6 NR A0 P4 is due in a few days. Since the Glass Breakage Sensor is included, can anyone here confirm how I can test it to be sure that it is enabled and working.

"Search" didn't find the answer. Seems that many posts back, this Sensor had to be enabled with the Toyota Scan Tool and a post gave instructions on how to confirm it was working. It was something like [1] Roll down driver's side window; [2] Lock the Prius with the armrest button; [3] Tap on the glass to see if it alarms; [4] Use the fob button to turn the alarm off.

Does this sound right? If not, anyone know how can I test the system?

THANKS

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Smashing the driver's side window would be a good test.

3. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 3 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]343339[/snapback]</div>
    Yes...yes, that would certainly be a good test. Let me know how that works out

4. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 3 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]343339[/snapback]</div>
    Remember to lock the car first or you will have to repeat on the passenger side.

Actually, I seem to remember a small booklet that was in with the manuals that said how to test the system. I didn't pay much attention to the glass breakage sensor since I don't have that option.

- Tom

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Nov 3 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]343330[/snapback]</div>
    Lock the car like you normally would, let the alarm set then knock on the glass hard. It should sound the alarm.

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) THANKS Tom_06 and Tideland Prius...

If that instruction was included with my original Prius documentation, I didn't find it.

7. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Nov 3 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]343547[/snapback]</div>
    I remembering seeing it with Barbara's 2005 model that had the alarm installed at the port. I checked my 2006 that had the alarm factory installed, and there isn't any extra instructions. The instructions in Barb's car had both the regular alarm and the GBS. Unfortunately she (and her car) are not here at the moment.

However, I found the installation instructions on the stuff I downloaded from the Toyota techinfo site. Here is the page on the instructions for the installer to test the GBS:

[attachmentid=5594]

Hope this finally answer's the question (without any jokes).

- Tom

Attached Files:

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Nov 3 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]343485[/snapback]</div>
    Sometimes that doesn't do the trick. If so, keep trying it harder & harder, 'till it works. :^) sorry ... couldn't resist.