1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Glasses Stuck in Headliner Compartment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CMN, Jan 3, 2011.

1. CMN

CMN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My glasses head liner compartment door will not open. I've tried several times to push on it. The door goes up a bit, but does not unlatch the way it should. Any thoughts on how to get it open?

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This happened to me; I couldn't get it opened either. This rather strong guy I was dating took a try at it, and just seemed to push a bit harder than I was willing to. It made this creaking noise and I could see the assembly flex, but it did open and I vowed never to put anything in there again.

3. bacalao

bacalao Junior Member

Happened to my 04 right after I bought it. During a regular maintenance I asked the dealer for help. I think it was Power in Irvine. They got it out for me. Same thing I haven't used it since. Until your post I had forgotten the car had the compartment.

4. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yuck. I just took a look at mine. It's really a rather flimsy piece of plastic. Perhaps pushing up and somewhat towards the hinge (front) at the same time. If you don't get a workable suggestion here you might drop by a Toyota service dept and ask if they had any ideas. :(

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i slipped a fine blade in the crack on mine and popped it open. still works so it probably won't break if you try it. good luck!