1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gliding into Taos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dmander, Jul 5, 2006.

1. dmander

dmander New Member

I spent the 4th in Red River, NM and on the way back to Albuquerque there was a 20-mile stretch between Angel Fire and Taos that was all downhill out of the mountains. I was gliding, coasting, and engine braking the whole way and when I got to Taos I had a totally green consumption screen with all the bars maxed out.

Man this is a fun car!

2. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congratulations! You've discovered Kepler's second law which states, "the distance obtained during a prolonged downhill glide in a Prius is directly proportional to the size of the smile noted upon the owner/operator's face."

Kepler's first law, as you know is, "Prius - anything else just isn't."

SAPrius
    Resident Astronomer B)

3. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Hi Kepler,

I managed the same green screen driving out of the Hamas mountains (Hummingbird, for the locals who have participated in that multi-generational music camp).

4. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jul 5 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]281558[/snapback]</div>
    It took me a few seconds to run the phonetic translation -- those are the Jemez mountains. (At least that's the way they're spelled -- they are pronounced exactly as you spelled them!) It's truly an enchanting place, just like it says on all those license plates...

5. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think that I may have met u there! My hubby and I talked to a couple about the Prius they were driving. We were in Red River for the 4th as well. We were on our way home from vacation today and got "THE CALL" while cruising through Cabela's in Ft Worth. I didn't get my first choice on color, but am happy that I am getting the car next week. I will have to update my profile...will no longer be a pending member of the "Cool Chicks with Black Prius" Club. Mine is the Magnetic Gray. Glad that your trip was great. Ours was too...but it was too short :( . Don't get to NM that often anymore.

6. dmander

dmander New Member

Yes parrothead that was us. We saw you at the parade diving for candy and beads! :) As I recall you've been waiting since February so I'm glad yours is finally coming. I only had to wait 3 weeks but it seemed like months. I've had mine for a couple of months now and every time I drive it I'm amazed.

SAPrius, you'll be interested to know that on my roadtrip I also discovered Newton's First Law of Prius Motion which states: "A Prius in motion will tend to stay in motion until your wife is finally able to wrestle control from you for her turn behind the wheel." This is an often observed effect that grows in intensity as the size of the family increases. I guess I'll just have to buy another one.