1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Glitches on ordered Prius

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Robert Taylor, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

Date Ordered: October 15, 2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Superior Toyota of Parkersburg, West Virginia
    Timeframe given for delivery: 90 Days
    Color: Salsa Red
    Option Package: BC or 6
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List I do not think this dealer has a waiting list, they have inventory to be sold on the lot right now

In my discussions with the person who does the ordering of the Prius, I asked for "all options" but apparently the glass break sensor is NOT part of the package BC or 6. This is a seperately ordered item, and is installed at port, after shipment from Japan. In my city, theives smash and grab and without a glass break sensor a theft system is near useless. I was told that the glass break sensor was set to where thunder will not set it off, it has some ability to be "tuned". They made me a decent deal on putting it in after it was shipped to the dealer. The car actually made it to them 50 days after the order was placed. The salesman told me that he has sold vehicles to people in Florida, Texas, all over both coasts, Atlantic and Gulf. Apparently they sell so many that they can get what they want quickly too. They did order an accessories package, which I am not sure I want. But considering others experiences with ordering, I let that go.

The exterior color and interior color is NOT the same as other Toyota vehicle models I looked at for comparison purposes at the local dealership, the Salsa Red is more maroon and the interior much lighter in color. Its really vastly better than the primary red and ford tan interior I saw those other models sporting.

The experience overall was most satisfactory, I could have bought one of the choices on the lot but I wanted to get the color and package I wanted in combination. It was a 620 mile return trip, but well worth it since the local dealer is charging four thousand over suggested retail but Superior Toyota is charging MSRP for ordered units. The local dealer has a ten month wait period too, which is downright unacceptable. I found Prius on dealer lots all over both coasts when I made calls from Traderonline ads.

The vehicle has restored the joy of driving for me, and I look forward to learning its systems in the three inch stack of programming and usage guides.