1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Global Warming versus NCAA selection committee

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by etyler88, Mar 12, 2007.

?
  1. 2007 NCAA basketball tourney choices

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. global warming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Isn't it worse when you easily can make the right choices and it doesn't happen?

Big East conference and Syracuse have been wronged, put it in the books.

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I don't think anyone will die as a result of the 2007 NCAA basketball tourney choices.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 12 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]404321[/snapback]</div>
    you could be wrong for sure - we will count the numbers one month from now. current score

AGW - 0
    NCAA - 0

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Mar 12 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]404318[/snapback]</div>

obviously both suffer here from false human constructs :D

perhaps both full of hot air :lol:

perhaps one is a layup, the other a long shot :blink:

perhaps between two wrongs we can find one right ;)

do both need full court presses to solve :eek:

i know, both are flagrant fouls :p

4. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    AGW is worse for sure!

Go Jayhawks!

Attached Files:

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Syracuse certainly get's the whiny award.... how many non-home games before January?

I think they selection committee did fine. Yea my Hogs got in so I might be bias that way....but even if they hadn't I think that last 'bubble' spot was a tough choice.
    As much as Ark. is getting bashed Stanford was probably a worse choice to put in. And I'd have gone w/ Drexel before Syracuse.

6. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here is what happened. The Big East has the highest percentage of teams in the CURRENT top 25 rankings. Ergo the Big East is a top 1 or 2 conference. The Big East got the second to last (fifth of six BCS conferences) percentage of thier confernce teams into the NCAA. ACC, Big 10, Pac 10 all had 50% or better of their teams in the NCAA. The Big East got 38% of their teams in. SEC 41% and Big 12 got 33%.

So Big East is number 1 in rankings and 5th in NCAA seeds.
    The happened because their was no Big East representative on the 10 person selection committee. Also, surprise, no rep for the Big 12. Typical politics.

Here is my solution.

The answer to all this NCAA Tournament bubble consternation: Speed up the NIT so that the winner of it can enter the NCAA Tournament in the Sweet 16 round. There would be a play-in game for the NIT winner and lowest-seeded Sweet 16 team on Wednesday.

Talk about the ultimate Cinderella story! I know this is not likely, but I'm sure the NCAA would make more money with the NIT with this gimmick.