1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Glove box and dome light.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by sakataj, Feb 10, 2024.

1. sakataj

sakataj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So this site is so frustrating because it discourages people to go back and look at Posts because they’re always closed. I’m trying to replace the Prius glove box light but I don’t want to use the Amber one I want to find the Lexus white one does anybody have the part number? I found this old thread but it’s closed Glove box light | PriusChat

also that little light on the dome light that shines down on the shifter can it be replaced? The little circle one in between the map lights? I tried uploading the picture but like always on here there’s problems

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I’m sorry, what? We don’t typically close threads and the thread you link to is definitely open and you can reply to it.

Please don’t make false accusations.

And FYI, here’s the thread you’re looking for
    Interior LED Lighting? | PriusChat

douglasjre likes this.
  3. sakataj

sakataj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    no one made a false accusation (I clearly posted the wrong link) BUT if you click on the link I did post it refers you to another link that shows you the information I needed in this post that is clearly closed. Not to mention tons and tons and tons of posts on here are closed, I didn’t just join today I’ve been a member for a while I just have never posted I used to do a lot of reading unlike a lot of people just make threads and don’t bother looking for anything. By the way while I’m at it and this may seem silly to you is there not a search bar or an advanced search somewhere to look for thread? I tried to do search for that and I tried to update my information on my profile and I can’t figure out how I can change it

Page Not Found | PriusChat

that being said THANKS for the link. (I’ll have to check it I’m at home computer because none of the pictures fully open they start and then they just don’t that could be my phone service though)

from doing some basic reading on this I’m not talking about the dome light aka the map light. I’m talking about that little circle light in between the dome lights if that makes more sense to you? Here, I’ll post a picture for clarity

Attached Files:

#3 sakataj, Feb 10, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The forum has been updated several times and unfortunately, sometimes links get broken (and unfortunately, the most recent issue pertains to images. Danny is working on this current issue).

There is a search bar at the top but you're likely to run into the same issue if the link is not properly updated or formatted. I'll update the link in the thread you posted so that future members can find them.

For your link, it seems like the URL naming convention has changed. This is annoying.

The important pat of the thread is the post number. In your case, it's "68171"

It seems like xenforo changed the way thread links are arranged so instead of the usual "folder" style hierarchy (forums/gen-iii-accessories-and-modfications/<thread number>-<thread title>.html), it just put everything in a "/threads/<thread title>.<thread number>

Once I figured that out, just rearrange the thread URL.

5. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Some people make a habit of initiating conversations with an accusational methodology to immediately put the other side on the defense period it's a wild card they use to derail others. glad you didn't fall for it tideland. I already blocked him. Realized long ago I can't fix the world. All it can do is block out that part of it, which annoys me period truth is I have probably blocked more than a 1000 members on the forum already period it's only about 10 people that I can read from. all that get now is facts and wisdom from experts. Forum looks mostly blank to me now.

6. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This what I used for my glove box and footwell lights.

Lexus white looks good too.

I am not sure about the shifter spot light.
    But it may use the same led part. 20220207_120438.jpeg

7. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    ohhhhhhhhhhh not bad!

I ended up buying a bunch of these on Ali and will have a nice glow to the cabin.

upload_2024-2-24_21-20-55.png