1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM Exec's Worst Nightmare

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by boulder_bum, Apr 8, 2008.

1. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I almost put this in the hybrid news section, but it just didn't quite fit in my mind.

Rick Wagoner's worst nightmare - Apr. 8, 2008
    The part I vehemently disagree with is that there was nothing a GM exec could do in response to rising oil prices. In fact, this is a big "duh" to me.

It was pretty obvious several years ago that oil prices were going to rise with global demand increasing, political and military tensions with oil producing countries and arguably with shorter supply.

I think it really is GM's fault for not preparing and making more fuel efficient vehicles. Instead, they keep coming out with new variations of monster trucks, insist that hybrid technology has no place in small cars, and fight CAFE standards (that would actually help their business in the long term, if implemented). Wagoner can certainly be blamed for that strategic misstep.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bob Lutz will save him.

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No their worst nightmare was that another company came out with a better product.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looks like all the chickens are coming home to roost. Poor Wagoner. I suspect his real problem is that GM stock has fallen so much his options are worthless. IMO the supply problems are of their own making. The lack of Saturn customers infers that the public has raised its standards higher than GM did. So GM is circling the drain because of poor forcasting, poor supplier choices, poor labor relations, and poor product. Someone's Fairy Godmother needs to make an appearance before 2010.