1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM launches effort to make Chevy green brand

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Nov 14, 2007.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ugh, did you ever drive that mild-hybrid Silverado? I hope not, as it was terrible. It was very herky-jerky.

This should new one, however, should prove to be the genuine article, so I look forward to it.

3. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chrome @ Nov 14 2007, 08:00 AM) [snapback]539366[/snapback]</div>
    Well at least you've actually seen one. The dealers around these parts act as if they don't really exist.

Well GM, for your effort to make Chevy a green brand <snicker> good luck with that. :lol:

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Hooo boy,
    Green . . . because the Land boat mpg goes up from 12mpg to 14mpg or so. So why not green-up a 30mpg car so that it does 50-60mpg? I'm obviously not the target 'green' market. Seems I don't realize how I need to carry 8 people once a year.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We snicker, but in reality this just might be the answer to the question, "when the heck is GM going to get off their dufuss and actually do something?"

Two years ago it was established that GM's entry into hybrids would be awkward and late to the party. They would have to rely on a huge media blitz and a lot of glitter. So here they are making their late arrivals with a bunch of hoopla.

I don't care for the individuals who wrote off hybrids and launched smear campaigns against the Prius, but at least they are finally doing something. Late to the game: right on time.

6. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 14 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]539536[/snapback]</div>
    enh. so they're finally doing something. I don't believe they should get much credit for finally lifting a finger and making mild effort. Get it? Mild? heh heh

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's Chevy's version of "embracing the Green movement":

Old logo:

[attachmentid=12657]

New logo:

[attachmentid=12658]

;-)

Attached Files:

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why? Yellow is the new green right? That's what they're doing with ethanol. The original golden bow is good enough.

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    The lies and spin with GM are so part and parcel that they seem to not even know the difference between white and black. First GM says, "hybrids are simply a 'loss-leader' for those 'other' companies ... they only build 'em for image ... they're too complex to be practical ... our Silverado hybrid was a flop, so we know all about itl". Then, once they realize Toyota is making a boat load on prius sales, their corporate board and advisers, rather than acknowledge that they are idiots, they simply say, "oh, we're only getting into the hybrid market because, errr, it's good P.R."

How can anyone believe what ever their next 'line' will be?