1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM Meeting Whitacre Profit Goal Means Fixing ‘Critical’ Sedans

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Jan 10, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    GM Meeting Whitacre Profit Goal Means Fixing ?Critical? Sedans - Bloomberg.com

At the beginning, supposedly the new Malibu was in short supply per articles like GM admits Malibu in short supply — Autoblog. Now, GM's got the opposite problem...
    I'm waiting for someone to come singing the praises of the Malibu. ;) Lutz always made a big deal about the CTS but I wouldn't buy one (nor would I buy a Malibu.)

On a side note, when I was in Vegas, I noticed a lot of Malibus being used as taxis there. That can't be good for their resale value (which isn't good for Chevys anyway)...

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    "Reuss said he’s using a page on the Facebook social networking Web site to keep in contact with customers and buff GM’s image one buyer at a time, if necessary."

Now here's a goal that's acheivable. If they didn't piss off all their old customers they wouldn't have to be working so hard to find new ones.

Since Malorn doesn't seem to be around, I'll take a shot. The Malibu is a GREAT car. You should be able to find exactly what you want because there is a GREAT amount of inventory and you should be able to negotiate a GREAT price because GM can build 'em faster than they can sell 'em.

GM advertizes "may the best car win". Be careful what you ask for.

1 person likes this.