1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM Pulls Plug on '08 Line of Cars

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. has killed plans for a new line of rear-wheel drive passenger cars slated to reach North American showrooms in 2008, in large part to free up resources to bring its next generation of large pickups and sport utility vehicles to market quicker.

The news comes after GM reassured investors, suppliers and Wall Street analysts last week that future car and truck programs would remain on schedule despite a new cost-cutting effort.

The automaker is under severe pressure to streamline after announcing last week its 2005 earnings would fall as much as 80 percent below previous estimates.

Read Full Article

2. DanH

DanH New Member

Okay, I can see dropping the rear wheel drive cars...but to do what!? Now I know they're on crack.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    GM is going to introduce a new line of bicycles. These new vehicles, which are expected to be classified as light trucks after congress passes a new law, will achieve outstanding fuel efficiencies. This will give a boost to GM's overall average CAFE rating allowing a new, larger, even more gas guzzling XSUV to be build on the M1 Bradley frame, comlete with track system, refuelling directly at oil rigs strategically located across the country.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    and the beat goes on...but will GM?

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Bigcharts.com chart showing the daily close for General Motors for the last year:
    [web:d5d09f45a0]http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/big.chart?symb=gm&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=64&size=2&state=8&sid=2160&style=380&time=8&freq=1&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=9640&mocktick=1[/web:d5d09f45a0]

And because I'm sure someone is going to ask, "What's Toyota doing?":
    [web:d5d09f45a0]http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/big.chart?symb=TOYOF&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=64&size=2&state=8&sid=19824&style=380&time=8&freq=1&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=1376&mocktick=1[/web:d5d09f45a0]

[apology]Sorry for the size; the only way I could get them in is through the "web" command. I'm interested to see if they update.[/apology]

6. D'Tan

D'Tan New Member

Well, there's a reason why GM and GMAC are only one or two grades above Junk Bond status...

(The joys of radio options in the vast open country of North Dakota on a Sunday afternoon... "Money Talk" or country music.)

7. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanH\";p=\"74430)</div>
    Dan:

Yep. Stick a fork in them, they're done.

BTW nice kitty.

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks, Tony.

Translating the GM chart to a short, pithy phrase:

[align=justify:afb00d77b5]Sell! SELLLLLL!!!!!

"Say, that looks like a nice window to jump out of!"

9. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"74454)</div>
    Tony:

:lol:

And if you try to refuel too quickly, the ground collapses beneath you like an underground nuclear detonation!

Geez, I love it, those boobs at GM have finally proven they are *beyond* insane.