1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM to Face Shareholders After Tough Year

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by tag, Jun 6, 2005.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

"I think they're going to tell shareholders they're restructuring, right-sizing and making it competitive. But I think in reality they don't have answers," said Peter Morici, an economist and professor at the University of Maryland.

Morici said GM needs to explain to shareholders what percentage of the market it can reasonably sustain and then say how it will align its production and brands to meet that need. GM also needs to cut its bureaucracy and its salaries, from the executive level down to hourly workers, he said.

I say start with Wagoner and Lutz who, quite clearly, aren't doing a whole heck of a lot to earn their circa 5 and 3 million dollar salaries, respectively.

LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050605/ap_on_...i_ge/gm_outlook

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yes, let's support american companies paying minimum wage to american workers because THAT's partriotic. psshhh. the american dream: working 60 hours a week to put food on the table and missing out on watching your kids grow up.

yes, cut wages for your hourly factory workers, gm. see what that does for you.