1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM Volt Rep on C-SPAN

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Aug 13, 2009.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The Thursday morning, call-in show had a GM representative discussing the Volt. He reported it would be on the show room floors in November 2010 ... three months from now. I was amused when the typical hybrid skeptic claims were called in, "What will it cost to replace the battery?"

When I see the Volt on the show room floor, I'll be happy to congratulate them and tolerant of their 'teething pains.' But I also have no illusions about how few Volts there will be; the prices charged; and the integration and test challenges they will face. If they sustain the architecture and more importantly, branch it out to a wide variety of models, I'll be very pleased. But for now, I'm skeptical until we see what happens four years from now.

Bob Wilson

2. Tickwood

Tickwood Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    November 2010 is 15 months from now.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Boy did I make a rookie mistake. My apologies. Here is more about the "2011 Chevrolet Volt"

2011 Chevrolet Volt: Talk About Limited Production ... - GreenCarReports.com

Just more GM 'greenscat'.

You know if we get this amount of volume with a car 15 months away from very limited release ... it is going to be a little tedious.

Bob Wilson

4. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think GM has made the "November 2010" statement loud enough now in front of the mainstream media and general public that everyone will keep reminding GM of that date and will be expecting GM to deliver. GM executives might have done this on purpose to give themselves a goal and motivation, but they have now made a promise to the general public, and the mainstream media will not forget this time. This time is different. The public is going to be expecting the Volt in November 2010.

5. Glider

Glider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Only 10,000 units in 2011? Are they serious? Yes, GM is very serious about the Volt. It's very serious about appearing to be very serious.

They started talking about this car in 2008, I think. Can you imagine the amount of "free publicity" and "good will" this semi-project has gotten them???

Bah, humbug, and 230 MPG on top of that. I want to put 1 gallon it Volt and take it on a 230 mile test drive.

Now I guess the three ghosts will come and haunt me. :eek: