1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM's Built-In Bike Rack

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    General Motors is doing some cool things in Europe. Their Opel line of cars features a “Flex-Fix†system that offers a perfectly hidden bike rack. The system is shown at left on the new Opel Antara compact SUV widely believed to be the basis for the next generation Saturn Vue here in the states. There is no word on whether GM will bring the Flex- Fix system here and it would probably be an expensive option if they did. However, this slick bike rack would fit in well with the Saturn buyer profile and shows that there is plenty of room left for auto innovation.

Source: Kicking Tires

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The comments under the article are funny.

3. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Talk about thinking outside the box....

An idea for a new thread: what things should a new Prius include in its packages? I think we found one answer right here.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, I was thinking of a system similar to the one shown in that link BUT instead of a bike rack, I think it should be a spare tyre. I mean if you think about it, you better hope you don't have a flat cause you'd have to remove the carpet, remove the cargo net, remove the floor, then the storage box before you get to the tyre. Oh and of course whatever cargo you were carrying in the first place.

After which, you have to find a place to store the blown tyre because it doesn't fit in the spare tyre cavity.