1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM's Greatest Hybrid Thorn Is Stepping Down

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Feb 10, 2009.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    GM's Vice Chairman Lutz to Retire - WSJ.com

GM is finally getting rid of one of their biggest burdens, Lutz ... the guy who's famous for one liners like, "global warming is a crock of $h1t". Is it any wonder that GM is so far behind in hybrids, or that the Volt is still in development stage? I'm feeling a little bit more optomistic about GM's survival now.l

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Lutz is just a symptom of a bigger problem and I think it is above Wagner ... the board of directors. They have overseen the greatest loss of GM value ever. By stock value, GM is what, 10% or less of what it used to be.

The GM board of directors decides who is going to be the CEO and top management. They successfully fought off a take-over about 2-3 years ago and supported the current management every step of the way.

So I look at it as a stock-holder issue that needs to be corrected by voting out this board of directors. They have failed abysmally and cleaning house needs to start from the top going down.

Bob Wilson

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Say what you want, Lutz was helping steer the ship - GM Corp - when it hit the reef and started to founder.

Now that GM is starting to receive tens of billions - courtesy of the generous taxpayer - I wonder how much Lutz will receive when he bails out?

Bailout, what a retard idea. To really "stimulate" the economy they should have just given every family $40 G's with the stipulation to buy a Big Three vehicle. Yes, I'm kidding about giving every family wads of cash, the idea is making me ill