1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GO GATORS!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by DocVijay, Jan 8, 2007.

1. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Florida 41

Ohio 14

Go Gators!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just finished watching it. The first half was really exciting. The second half: well, not so much. But those first 2 minutes. Wow!

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go SEC! Maybe that'll give the so-called pundits something to chew on after annointing OSU Nat. Champions 2 months ago and saying Florida didn't deserve to be in the game.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Go SEC!!!

After Florida had difficulty with 80% of their SEC schedule with games that could have gone either way, this should solidify the fact that the SEC is the toughest conference in the country. In my opinion, THE OSU was the team that didn't belong in the BCS Championship. Their 1 true quality win was against Michigan, a team that could have easily lost to SEC bottom-dweller Vanderbilt during Week 1.

Sidenote: Thanks to the SEC Revenue Distribution program, South Carolina made more off of Florida winning their bowl game than we made off of winning ours :)

5. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jan 9 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]372968[/snapback]</div>
    That and, maybe, Texas. They never did have to play Wisconsin. Regardless, the OSU hype was getting a bit silly toward the end of the regular season. I mean, 7 out of their last 8 wins were against teams that ended the season with losing records.

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

[​IMG]

...And don't forget, we are now the first school to have both football AND basketball championships at the same time.

No one can possibly argue that the SEC is not the toughest conference out there. The south, and Florida in particular, has for decades produced some of the best teams and the best players. Texas also does a pretty fair job of it too (I lived there for a while and my son was born there, so I have to give the Lone Star State some props too).

100th season of Gator football (what a way to celebrate a century of football) :D

10 years since last football championship :D

Urban Meyer graduated from where? Oh yeah, Ohio State! :p

Troy Smith (Mr. Heisman) was 4 of 14 for 35 yards (?!?!?) :blink:

Ohio State was held to 85 yards of offense (?!?!?) :eek:

And Ted Ginn, Jr., it turns out, injured his ankle CELEBRATING HIS TOUCHDOWN! :lol: (I don't like anyone getting injured, but...)

I was fortunate enough to be there for the peak of the Spurrier dynasty (1992-1996) which of course, culminated in a national championship at the Sugar Bowl.

Today I just can't help but smile extra big today, after weeks of my Ohio State friends trying to "prepare me for a smack-down." Well, a smack-down there was, but... :D

Ahhh, it's good to be a gator!

Finally, a picture that explains why we won:

[​IMG]
    HARDCORE!

7. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I am a big Buckeye fan, but that was the ugliest mis-match I had ever seen The Gators rolled over OSU. Things that make you go "hmmmm".

The Gators did to OSU what OSU did to most of their opponent during the regular season.

8. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats Gators...no question who should be national champs. :D