1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

God to Pope: Hands off Limbo!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Jun 7, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

Today God asked his trusted servant on earth, George Bush, to convey a message to Pope Ratzinger: Don't even think about abolishing Limbo. Smiling broadly, Bush said to God "I really don't think you have anything to worry about on that score. Nobodies gonna touch Rush. We pretty much got talk radio sewn up". God, appearing oddly perplexed considering his omnisience, suddenly understood. "Not Limbaugh, you dolt, Limbo!" And, not for the first time, God wondered what he had been thinking of in his choice of earthly representatives. "But what's the Pope got against Limbaugh - I kinda thought they 'ad a lot in commin", asked Bush. At this point God, who you recall from the old testament has been know to have some problems with Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED) completely lost it and screamed "Just get Dick on the phone, you moron".

God: Dick, is that you?
    Dick: Who wants to know?
    God: It's me, God.
    Dick: It's not really a good time.
    God: Look, you have to do something about Ratzinger and Limbo. If he abolishes Limbo, we'll have to take all those spewing brats and even worse those smug creeps like Socrates and Aristotle who were born before Jesus into heaven. It's bad enough that we have to take the born again Christians. Why can't they just agree to be born again and again and again like the Buddhists? We have enough problems running out of virgins for the Muslims. Anyway, what can we do?
    Dick: (Interested) Virgins? You still have some up there?
    God: A few. The unattractive ones.
    Dick: No problem. Just send them to hell. That's where they belong, anyway. They will suffer the excruciatingly boring chat room flames in eternity, without the ignore function.
    God: Brilliant! Some might like that. But what if they object?
    Dick: Tell them to go f#*k themselves. Anything else? I'm running late for a hunting trip.
    God: That's it, and thanks! You can tell Ratzinger to pull the plug on Limbo. But not Limbaugh, of course. By the way, can you do something about George?
    Dick: No.

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I heard a different story- that when God advised Bush that the Pope was going to abolish limbo, he said, "then what will the people on those cruise ships do after drinkin' all them margaritas?" :)

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

The Christian bashing bigotry is getting old.... :rolleyes:

4. Mystery Squid

Hey Jared, grow some real nuts and poke fun at Allah... :D

5. jared2

jared2 New Member

"Hey Jared, grow some real nuts and poke fun at Allah..."

No sooner said ---

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 7 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]267352[/snapback]</div>
    Did you not see that his little bit o' satire contained three of the big four? Allah WAS included, as was the Buddha.

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Jun 7 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]267623[/snapback]</div>
    MS talking about bashing- to use one of his favorite expressions, that is indeed the pot calling the kettle black.

8. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Jun 7 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]267623[/snapback]</div>
    Damn! You mean I missed one?

9. Mystery Squid

C'mon, I'm sure Jared won't mind a "fatwah" issued upon him... In NYC nonetheless... :lol:

10. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]267851[/snapback]</div>
    I'd rather have a fatwad than a fatwah.

11. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 8 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]267854[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, I agree!!

:lol:

12. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]267857[/snapback]</div>
    yes, you're off ignore, but still on probation.