1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Going to get the Bazooka Sub installed on thursday at CC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kev1000000, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

Well, im sick of the horrible JBL "Premium" system like most other people who have it. I listen to music all the time in my Prius, and i would LOVE for it to actually sound good!

So, i've decided to opt for the Bazooka thing at Circuit City, as i've heard many success stories with that product.

Now, a few questions before i do this...

Do i need the one with the pre-amp built in?

Will Circuit City know how to install it without screwing anything else up?

What should i tell the installer guy about the prius before the installation?

Is it easy to disconnect and move if i need to haul anything?

Thanks guys! :)

2. stillageek

stillageek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a self powered bazooka tube in my Matrix. The model I have has a simple quick disconnect harness if I ever need to take it out for maximum cargo room. I paid $90 for it and it is worth it. I don't have it turned up loud, just enough to fill in where my Matrix speakers fail.

3. DanH

DanH New Member

The self powered sub would probably be the best approach, unless you want major boom and want to had a higher wattage amp than the one in the Bazooka. From what I have read the internal amp Bazooka has been plenty for most folks. The powered Bazooka adds a nice amount to the bottom end without over doing it. One thing you might want to consider is the 8" with the larger amp over the 6" if you want more bass.

I have an older 8" powered Bazooka I recently got from a coworker that I'll be installing when the harness cable comes in.

4. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

so what should i tell Circuit city about the prius before the install?

5. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i doubt it'll be necessary to tell them anything. its not like the hybrid components make speaker installation any different from normal cars

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

That the battery is in the trunk, show them how to turn the car on, and show them that the amp is under the passenger seat.

7. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

^^^ thanks dan :)

8. BitShifter01

BitShifter01 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32\";p=\"85200)</div>
    yeah right! Tell them and they may listen! You can read how my install went here.
    http://www.priuschat.com/forums/upgraded-j...200-vt8358.html

Overall I'm pretty happy. I honestly thought my sub would put out a little more bass than what it does, but for the most part, it does a pretty good job. Don't let my post above make you bias, I just had a bad install process. After the fact, my wife noticed my plastics were not snapped back together correctly. I was about ready to yell at the manager who installed it to begin with. When I took it in, he greatfully appologized.

Overall I'm a pretty happy camper:)

Good Luck!
    Bit