1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Going to (maybe) pick up my 2009 Pkg5 tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AndyMartin826, Sep 10, 2008.

1. AndyMartin826

AndyMartin826 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Got a call from my dealer, and their first batch of 2009's rolled off the truck tonight. He thought I wanted a Pkg6 and they had one in my 3rd color choice (Barcelona Red) but I had actually said the Pkg5 was what I wanted. He went back to the truck to see what 5's he had and called me back, got a Super White, a Magnetic Grey, and a Driftwood Pearl - none of which were on my color list, but I'm going to look at the Driftwood Pearl anyway. Might be a good "desert" color for AZ and hide some of the dust storm aftermath.

So, they're going to take a look at my 2006 Pkg4 for trade-in. It's in great shape, less than 21,000 miles, we'll see what they can do. I've already got one person who's told me $25k for private sale, so depending on the trade-in value and what that does to my overall cost (takes the trade off the top, so can save about $2k in sales tax...) we'll see what happens. If I like the car and like the trade value, then I'm driving home in it tomorrow. If I don't like the car I'll wait for the next batch, and if I don't like the trade then I'll do the private sale and go back the next day with cash.

Wish me luck! :)

2. Synergy

Synergy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    wow a 2004 with less than 21,000 miles! Awesome. I wish the best of luck to you and hopefully you pick up a new 2009 prius!

Regards~

3. AndyMartin826

AndyMartin826 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Picked it up, decided to go with the Package 6 in Barcelona Red. The red just popped out at me. Not to say anything bad about the Driftwood Pearl, but it just didn't grab me like the Barcelona Red did. So, talked myself into the leather (only difference between the Package 5 and 6) and did the deal. Completely geeked out and called my wife on the way home through the bluetooth handsfree, lovin' it.

Time to start a new spreadsheet!

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, AndyMartin826! Let us know your impressions on the differences from your old Prius.