1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GONE - 2005 Driftwood Pearl #6

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Miss_Taz, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

[attachmentid=2538]
    [attachmentid=2539]
    [attachmentid=2540]

For sale in central FL:

2005 Toyota Prius with package 6, Driftwood pearl with beige interior

Options: carpet mats, window tint

Package 6 is the one that includes the Smart Key, Side & Curtain airbags, Homelink, Voice activated navigation, and Bluetooth integration!

Selling only because I just ordered a new 2006 model! (I love my Prius!)

I have all of the fill-up records (miles/gallons per tank, etc.) in an Excel spreadsheet as well as the original window sticker and all manuals. I have all records for my oil changes at myToyota dealer at 5k, 10k, 15k, and 20k miles, plus the 15k mile service was also done there.

No accidents. Like new.

Just under 22k miles.

Asking $25000

(Optional: Buy my Platinum Toyota Extra Care 7 year/100k mile warranty for an extra $850 -- original cost $985)

Thanks!

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    No offense Taz, but why would anyone want to buy a 2005 with 22K miles for more that it would cost (after tax credit) to get a new 2006 that also has a rear view camera?

3. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

Hm...

Well the one I just ordered with pkg 8 was considerably more than $25k + the tax rebate ($2500-$3100).

Plus, I guess your dealers aren't still adding the $5k ADM to the sticker... Most of the FL dealers still are.

Anyway, people are welcome to make offers... but I looked around at the 05's I could find for sale on-line, and priced accordingly.

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The tax CREDIT (ie off the taxes you actually pay) is $3150.
    However, your second point is valid. I personally wouldn't buy from a greedy scumsucker. They are already making a profit at MSRP and they don't even have to sell you on the car, minimal work. At best you are giving them extra money to use to lower the price on a slow selling model to make a sale to someone else. At worst, they can make more boat, house, whatever payments for their own personal gain.
    It is too bad that there a people desperate and/or flush enough to pay over MSRP to get it NOW, it only encourages the low life dealers and fuels the "won't save any money with a hybrid" arguement. The only scenario I can see where it might be reasonable would be someone who's vehicle was totalled and they need to replace it quickly. One could get on a list and buy a short term well used car for the interem but that would be a major pain. Though with some care, it could be a no loss, or at least a lot less than the $5K greed price, temporary purchase.
    You can buy from a dealer in an area that doesn't charge over MSRP. Cheap flights out of Florida, nice scenic drive back and a lot less than $5K. :D

No dealers I contacted when I got my car were asking over MSRP and one had even turned down a buyer you wanted to jump the list by paying over.
    The wait (at least here) for 2006's isn't nearly as long as it was in late summer 2004 when I put deposits (4 places, first with a car wins) down for my car. In January, I just went to the local dealer (who wasn't the winner of my sale) and put a deposit on a 2006 for my wife. We are in no huge hurry and I expect it in the next few weeks.

5. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

Price reduced to $24,500 OBO (plus optional warranty).

6. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

New reduced price is $23,750 or best offer.

Hurry. My new 2006 is due in April 23rd, and if I don't sell it, I'll be trading it! B)

Buy it now for a great price, or buy it in 2 weeks after the dealer marks it up! LOL!

7. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

Reduced the price yet again to $23,500

My new 06 should be here in less than a week, so act now!

8. gena_mak

gena_mak New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ Apr 21 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]243077[/snapback]</div>
    Still available for sale?