1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good, Bad, and the Sad

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Duc, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Duc

Duc New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Austin Auto Show
    Good: Tickets were free
    Bad: 140 mile RT for a very small car show
    Sad: Didn't go WOW for the 2010, wasn't just me either I stood there for 30+ mins and did not talk to a single person who was impressed. Most were disappointed and liked the 09 a lot more. Sad part to me was they had a base model and had it caged off so you couldn't ck it out.

Wife was VERY happy we didn't wait to buy it and anyone who is married knows that is a big deal =]

Clif

2. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, kinda opposite from what happened for me. I didn't like the look of the 2010 at all, until I saw it in person at the Vancouver auto show. Myself, I think it looks alot less geeky than the old model and everyone I went to the show with loved the car. The next day I canceled my Insight order and put down my deposit for the new Prius.
    Different strokes, I guess. :) Fortunately you should be able to get a wicked deal on the 2009 soon!

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Specifics would help.

What's not to like, looks?

2010 has better seating, 24 more HP, improved rear headroom, 4 MPG average improvement, bolder styling.

I think the 2010 Prius will be one of the best small-midsize cars on the road.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly, what didn't you like? What did you like better about the '09? There are several technical items that are clearly better about the '10. Aesthetically it may be a very personal choice, I call them about equal with a slight edge to the '10...it just seems a tad more refined IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I respect that you didn't like it as well, but for a comment, negative or positive, to have value to anyone else you need to elaborate.

5. Duc

Duc New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Most I talked to didn't really care for the lines, I myself said it was just different and it would grow on you. I did like the front, the back was OK but the side I prefer the Gen 2. The cavern between the driver and pass was a tad silly looking (IMO), again it might grow on me and may be functional. Only one person I talked to like the cavern.
    Again it was the base model, completely shutdown electronically and to touch so I could not climb all over it and give it a good once over. I would have LOVED to seen the sun roof, solar, inst panel lit up, sat in it, anything other than a base model from 10'.
    I didn't dislike it I just didn't fall head over heals for it like I was afraid I would (09 is not even 2 months old yet).
    Clif