1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good deal? In Bay Area.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by prius grandma to be, Jun 2, 2008.

1. prius grandma to be

prius grandma to be New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

My daughter is wondering if this is a good deal--package #5 for $28,000, before taxes. She's heard that you have to wait a long time to get a Prius in the Bay Area. But it seems to me that I've seen better deals on this chat list. Does anyone know if there are dealerships in the Bay Area where you don't have a long wait and can get a better buy? She said that she'd be fine with a package 2.

Thanks!!!

2. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That is a fair price, but it never hurts to look around.

3. Lord_Towers

Lord_Towers Noobie :)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I picked up a silver 2008 #5 13 days ago (woo!) and it was 26,600 before taxes (Daly City, CA)

i called like 18 dealerships in the bay area and only the Daly City lot had any avaiable

4. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got online and checked dealers from San Jose to Sacramento. You are going to pay MSRP right now. I have been quoted $28,020 for a touring on more then once and that is about a week ago. You may have to travel but it will be worth it. Try Toyota Vallejo and see what they have. They have always been good to me. Good luck!

5. lindaparky

lindaparky New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Try craigslist bay area, they have a few and add new ones listed everyday......thats where we found ours! They are dealers and they will secure it for you if you want it! ours will be here in two weeks! I cant wait to see my spectra blue touring package 6!:p