1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Deal? Thoughs? 2007 used Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kmstampe, May 16, 2008.

1. kmstampe

kmstampe Look out here comes Ozzie!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I found a 2007 used Silver Pine Prius with 14000 miles. It went through a ditch but they said the only damage was loosened front bumper and a dent in the hood (now fixed) and had to pull some packed dirt from under the bumper. No repairs needed to engine/radiator and air bags still intact. Not sure on the package but it has CD player and that's about all the guy could tell me on the phone. Said suspension was okay and had (or will have) a 4 wheel alignment before I'd take it home.

Asking $20900 and wants $1000 down.

Are there any other questions you think I should be asking? I'm ready to head over now and look it over closely. I'm so excited and this seems like a darn good deal so I might not be exactly in my right state of calming mind to see straight right now. Does anyone see any red flags that I'm missing?

Thanks! =)

2. sunbear

sunbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'd run the other way -- and quickly. I suspect that there's much more wrong with the car than the seller is letting on, or else he wouldn't be selling it.

Besides, you can buy a brand-new Prius for not that much more than this used one is going for and probably get a better financing deal as well. So why buy a used vehicle with a highly questionable future when you can buy a brand new?

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It could be OK but it needs a complete checkout by a Prius certified tech, and a lower price (maybe $15K).

4. kmstampe

kmstampe Look out here comes Ozzie!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So we went to check it out. It was a package 1 so no SKS, back up camera, etc. Plus it had more damage to it (scratches, dark green paint where it rubbed against something, cracked tail light) so we passed on it quickly. But there were 2 guys ready to buy it if we said no! I hate to wait but I'll probably wont be getting one till this fall when the 09s come out!

5. Yoda-chan

Yoda-chan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Glad to hear that you ran the other way. A new 2008 base model shouldn't cost a great deal more than what they're trying to get for that injured 2007...