1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Dealers in the Seattle area?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by EricC, Jun 28, 2005.

1. EricC

EricC New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looking at getting a Prius in the next couple of weeks and wanted advice on a good dealer in the Seattle area. I went in and took a test drive at Bob Bridge in Renton and the salesman said they sell at MSRP and the wait was a couple of weeks up to a couple of months depending on color and options with a $200 deposit, I assume it is refundable. Is this about what all the Seattle dealers are saying? I have not decided on the package yet, probably a #4 but I am worried about the HID lights after seeing the posts about them getting stolen and the auto levelers not working correctly. Is that still the case? I might just get the package #3 and then have them add the 6 disc changer because that would still be under the cost of the #4. He also said that none of the local dealers had cars on the lot, that the ones you see on the websites when you check inventory are more than likely orders just waiting to be picked up. Is that true or was he feeding me a line? One last question, are any dealers willing to go under MSRP around here? I have a costco card but did not think to ask if they will take that on a Prius. Thanks for helping out the new guy!!

2. Dilbert

Dilbert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I bought from Bob Bridge in Renton last July and was happy with the experience. We put down a $300 deposit and happily paid MSRP after being pushed with costly "performance packages" at Toyota of Kirkland (door edges, and loaner cars supposedly). Most importantly we have had the car for a year and just love it. We got the option 6 last year, which was everything except the NAV/Bluetooth/Homelink. My opinion is that, no you can't get one below MSRP. I have seen Prius inventory on dealer websites, but it is part of their process for the "normal" cars, and does not represent cars actually on the lot for sale.

3. EricC

EricC New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Another quick question if anyone knows the answer. The Seattle area is listed as not getting the #3 package on buyatoyota.com. When I talked to the salesman I could have sworn he said that they could get it. Can a dealer get option packages that are not normally shipped to a particular area? Also is the 6 disc changer listed on the toyota site as an accessory option any good? I know it is different than the player that comes in the #6 package but I have not been able to find anything about it at all. Thanks!

4. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Got the Stock Toyota 6 CD player, it is made by Panasonic, came with "B1" package they sell here in Texas. I have heard Toyota is not shipping option 3, here in TEXAS option 2 is available but not 3, what they do is give you a PIO Port Installed Option package and make more money on you. Watch the board, and let the LOCAL guys in your area tell you of their experiences, once you find one that has had a good deal, get him to email you the MSRP Sticker, and his final cost, and have that with you when you go and haggle about yours. Keep in mind it is a seller's market, so the dealers pretty much do what they want. ps .. lots of buyers are using the internet and buying from other states. I know in Texas the Houston Market is getting good, FRED HAAS Houston had 11 last week, my local dealer has 2 (Philpott, Nederland Tx)., they both sell all the time out of state, contact me if you need help there, but try local FIRST, your area has lots of good experiences there, and you should find the right car.