1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Denver Experience

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by guberif, Oct 19, 2005.

1. guberif

guberif Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi all,

New to the board. Put a deposit down on Saturday 10/15 for next available package #4 that WASN'T Seaside. Picked up our new Super White #4 last night!

Had a great experience at Mountain States Toyota in Denver. Paid sticker, but got very good trade values (above book).

I would recommend Bryant Billingsly... very "un" car salesman!

--Blaine

Proud new owner of '05 Super White #4
    Wife and I just because a one car family - traded in 2 CARS!

2. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Exactly the opposite of my experiance! I had checked on prices through Costco, but before I closed the deal I did a little shopping and Mountain States was one of the dealers I went to. I made two different trips to them, and each time I was handed a different salesman to talk to. Neither spoke english as their first language, or even well. (Not that I'm anti foreigner, but sales involves communications and these guys couldn't!)
    I explained exactly what I wanted, what price was available through Costco and wanted to know whether they could beat it and when a car was available. He did the old back and forth to the sales manager routine 3 different times before he finally said they could get me a car in a week, but at full retail plus $900 for the usual extras. I told them no thanks.
    About a week later they called me and told me they had my car in at the price I wanted. I headed down to the dealer again, was given another non-english speaking salesman who told me they still had to add on the $900 scotchguard and other assorted ripoffs. They were almost $1500 over what they had quoted over the phone when I walked out a second time (after another hour and several trips back and forth to the sales manager again). When I left they told me I was crazy if I thought I could get a Prius at the price I qouted in less than 6 months.

That day I closed the deal through Costco buying service and 3 weeks later I had my Prius from Stevenson West at the price I wanted. The same day, Mountain States called me again to tell me they would meet my price!

By the way, Mountain States offered me $500 under wholesale for my trade.

3. guberif

guberif Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That day I closed the deal through Costco buying service and 3 weeks later I had my Prius from Stevenson West at the price I wanted. The same day, Mountain States called me again to tell me they would meet my price!

By the way, Mountain States offered me $500 under wholesale for my trade.
    [snapback]143011[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

Sorry to hear things didn't go good for you. Perhaps it's just a different group of folks. I looked at some other dealers in the Front Range, but Mountain States took good care of us..

At least we got a prius, and, I mean, that's freakin' sweet!

4. cgraham

cgraham Member

I was negotiating with Mountain States today by phone from NM, and my salesman seemed reasonable. I always get a draft reservation agreement sent to me before committing to a deposit, and there is always something to fix. In this case they sent me a list of the Options in a table they had made with, an Includes column. Well, the Includes column was all factory or dealer add-ons. These extras are representd as part of the associated package. I had a long argument with the salesman and manager before I could convince them I knew what I was talking about, and they finally admitted they could order a car without the extras. So all my quotes are required to specify "no factory or dealer extras". Of course that doesn't mean that they will actually order one without the extras.

So I may place an order there, but I don't feel completely confident about them, especially after I just read the last few posts.

Think I'll call Stevenson W.

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Er, welcome and congratulations, guberif! Folks here will help all you ask for. You can help us, too, at times.

Funny how car dealerships can make such different impressions on different people. Makes you wonder what "management" means.