1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good experience with a Toyota Service Department in Seattle

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by bookrats, Jan 5, 2005.

1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thought this recommendation might be of use to other Prius owners in the Seattle area:

I decided to get the oil changed in my new Prius. I'm being very preliminary, but I've heard some people say it's not a bad idea after the first 2000 miles. Also, I think the dealer I bought it from may have overfilled the oil a bit.

On the advice of someone who has provided me with much wise Prius council, I tried Toyota of Lake City -- which is, fortunately, very close to where I swim. Dropped it off, asked especially to make sure the oil wasn't overfilled, and headed over to Aqua Dive for an hour of laps.

Picked it up, and discovered:

• Total was about $35. Good money for value, I think, particularly as they had done the inspection.

The service rep said they would also take the Auto Care pre-paid maintenance plan coupons that Danny and Troy are offering through PriusChat. I'm double-checking with the service department manager tomorrow just to be sure. I'll let you know what I find out.

Think I'll be going to ToLC for the forseeable future; from what I've seen, I'd recommend them. Very friendly people.

Just for discussion: anyone found any other good/bad service departments in the WA area? Or has anyone had a bad experience with Toyota of Lake City?

2. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Service has been excellent at 'Toyota of Olympia'. They have Prius trained personnel and know what you are talking about when discussing the Prius. Fair prices and nice to deal with, also give you the car back washed and vac'ed. Prices are fair and they guarantee a 29 minute, no appointment oil-filter change or your next change free, and know to give you 5-30 W and not to overfill. I do not work for them (or anyone else). Don't even live in Olympia.

Bob

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i got mine serviced in Olympia too and i agree that service is excellent there. they are big enough to have a resident Prius protech there.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Good experience with a Toyota Service Department in Seat

OK I am going to rain on Olympia's parade, just a little. I called "someone" in the service department for my 5K service. I was told I did not need an appointment because all I needed is an oil change. I pointed out that a tire rotation was listed as required but they said they did not recommended for the 04's. I thanked them and had the service done by my regular mechanic, Bryan's Automotive. BTW if you need service I would recommend him for conventional car service. I eventually decided to confront the service manager. I went in to check out getting a service manual and asked to talk to him. He was nice but he did say they recommended tire rotation at 10k intervals for 04's and greater. He did say I could get tire rotation but would have to ask for it. This was not presented to me as an option and I pointed it out to him. I may get the 10k from Olympia and the Nav recall but I am not sure I will get routine care from them. I want to follow the manufactures recommendations and I want a dealer who does. I am obviously troubled by this. Bottom line is that I have not had service there.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i rotate my own tires, my brother was the manager at Les Schwabs in bremerton and says for max tire life, you should rotate every 3,000 miles.