1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good experience with road hazard warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by onerpm, Mar 18, 2006.

1. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    My dad had a flat on his 2004 that was repaired back in 7/05 at a cost of $17. In 10/05, he had a second flat, this time unrepairable, and bought a new tire for a total of about $106. I mentioned the Prius road hazard protection to him back when he told me about the replacement.

Stopped down to Naples FL to visit him in February, and he said he never got reimbursed. I looked at his file and found he'd tried to pursue a claim with Bridgestone, instead of through Toyota's road hazard brochure. (He's almost 80.) Bridgestone pretty much blew him off, never responded to his final filing to them.

I went back to the tire store and had them reprint the receipt, so it would contain the tread depth (we guessed at it based on 14k miles) and a statement that the sidewall was damaged, so unrepairable. I then sent the two receipts in with a letter explaining that my dad had filed the claim with the wrong company, etc.

We were obviously well past the 30-day filing deadline mentioned in the brochure.
    Anyway, the other day, my dad received 2 separate envelopes in the mail on the same day, with the return address "cross country automobile club" or something like that. I was there, and almost tossed it as junk mail! Turned out they contained two checks, one for the $17 and one for the $106. No letter or note, just a check in each envelope.

Cool!

rpm