1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Hybrid Service hard to find

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by grandmaprius, Jun 24, 2010.

1. grandmaprius

grandmaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello all,
    I have a 2004 Prius and have had a hard time finding anyone other than the dealer who knows anything about servicing hybrids until I saw a story on PBS about Re-involt. I believe there is a link on their website to view the story.

I can say for sure that Taylor Automotive (re-involt) in Sanford, North Carolina, does a great job and goes beyond your normal service and repair. They seem very knowledgeable.
    I had them install a backup camera on my car recently and it works great. I was led to believe I would have to trade cars to get that feature.

I think it would be great if everyone that has found a great independent shop or dealer to share it here so we can all know our options for great service. :cheer2:

1 person likes this.
  2. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Great idea! By the way welcome to PriusChat! :)

Did they install the backup camera that works with the MFD (multi-function display) so no additional monitor is needed?

3. grandmaprius

grandmaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, they wired it to show on the factory display when in reverse. It also shows a grid on the screen that marks my distance from objects,which helps alot.

4. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Wow that's even better than my factory backup camera which does not have any grid marks. Good for you! :)

5. jreed

jreed Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for the recommendation about ReInvolt. I've seen their flyer around town and was wondering if they were as good as their website makes them appear.
    For another option in the central NC area, I can suggest considering or checking out Auto Logic in Carrboro, NC. I haven't actually taken my Prius there (but have taken other cars). They are a great repair shop: good quality service, fair pricing, friendly.:)