1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good News - Dice Silverline and iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kremtok, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Kremtok

Kremtok Smug Alert!

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I contacted Dice Electronics about the iPhone 3G incompatibility, and they are in the process of developing a solution. Here's an excerpt from my e-mail conversation with one of their representatives.

Me: Recently, I purchased a Dice Silverline iPod adapter for my 2008 Toyota Prius. Unfortunately, it seems that my iPhone 3G isn't fully compatible with the Dice unit. Does your company plan to offer any sort of workaround or upgrade that will allow the iPhone 3G to charge with the adapter kit?

Dice: We are going to be releasing a new dock cable around the first week of December which will resolve the charging issue.

Me:
    Will the new cable simply plug into the existing unit? Is there any information available on the expected cost of the cable? Finally, I'm a member of PriusChat.com, and there are several owners with concerns similar to mine. Would you mind if I shared this information on the public forum?

Dice: The new cable is going to retail at $39 when it is released and will replace the current dock cable that comes with the kit. [...] Regarding the forum posts, thank you for asking permission. Yes, I do not mind at all if you post the ETA of the cable and the retail cost.

2. heyjude421

heyjude421 thread bumper

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    well that is good news indeed. i just wish they had said december 2008!