1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

I did some research and found that Toyota has a new calibration that they are using in the engine ecu 34705200. The P3190 MIL for the engine not starting we reprogram the ecu with 34705100. I'm hoping that this is to improve the gas milage there is no TSB or SSC yet But Frank said that he had the ECU replaced so that got me thinking and this would explain why he started getting a 5-6 mpg more after the ecu was replaced. Don't go asking to have the ecu replaced I don't know if this is what is going on but I am very hopeful.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    interesting post. i'll bookmark it

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Another one?

So Kyle, did you update your car? If so, let us know if MPG improves.
    Also, how do I determine what calibration I have, short of having an uncooperative dealer use the scantool, assuming that it has never been updated?I have no idea what they did in December that took two hours, when I asked that passive mode be enabled.

4. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    can we walk in and ask for this update? if so.. what do we ask so they don't seem so lost. i get that lost look a lot with my dealer.

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32\";p=\"85553)</div>
    Dan:

Open the hood and look near the factory Emissions certificate. There should be a dealer stick-on label regarding the Recalibration, the Calibration number, the date, dealer code, that sort of thing.

Jay

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid\";p=\"85577)</div>
    Ah yes, that "deer in the headlights" look. I kind of get a kick out of it.

7. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i seriously don't see anything like that

8. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

check on the door post front or back of the drivers door that's where my dealer posted them.

9. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :( i looked at all the door posts and i didn't see that sticker

10. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

So that assumes the dealer updated it. If it hasn't been updated, how do you know what you have, short of the scanner?

11. Frank Hudon

there are no update numbers on the stickers, just the RCC# which is the recall number the date and the dealer code.

12. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's not a recall, it's a TSB.

I was told the dealer was supposed to affix the sticker under the hood near the emissions sticker. I suppose the door jamb works too.

I just got back from the parking area to check my Prius. My sticker is under the hood, but not next to the Federal Emissions sticker as there isn't any room.

It's actually behind the vacuum hose routing decal, so you have to really look under there as the hood brace covers it up from the front. Here is what it says: first of all it's an official-looking sticker with room for hand writing:

"Toyota Motor Corporation"
    "Authorized Modifications"
    "Dealer Code: ______"
    "Cal #:"

My Calibration number is handwritten as "34705100"

13. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    improvements.. hmm.. i think the artificial drag should be higher. it might create a tad bit more battery power.. you would slow down more.. but the car cruises too fast. it's nice when there is no traffic.. but in traffic, the car is always cruising faster than other cars. i have to stay back pretty far in order to not use the breakes all the time.

i think they should bump us the electric assist along with electric drag, and possibly electric breaking. sooner than normal breaks. the car breakes fast.. but not too gradual. you get a minimal electric breaking and then the normal breaks assist and you start to break. or. that's how it feels.

14. Frank Hudon

just checked under the hood and there isn't a sticker anywhere. The only stickers are the ones on the door jam and all they have is the RCC#'s, 4 stickers and the numbers are 402, 403, 408, and 502. Comp flash, hood seal, brake light switch, and I can't remember the forth one. As the computer was changed I'm not sure if the one's they get have the latest code in them or not. All I know for sure is the mileage has dramatically improved.

15. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    oh.. so you only get a sticker if you go in for an update

WHOOOOOPS

16. mr5150

mr5150 New Member

Is this for 04's only? Any info on date or VIN cut off?

Thanks, Larry

17. Frank Hudon

the 403 is a recall as the car is in violation of the OBD11 regulations and was mandated by the gov to be fixed, as such it's actually a recall the others are as you say TSB's.

18. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

I did not say that there is a new calibration out that we can reprogram YET.
    as for stickers I try to but them on but I don't always remember. I don't look to see if the last tech. installed a sticker either. Dan I can't update my ecu till the calibration is released as a flash. It's interesting that the calibration coming from the factory is now 34705200. I have the same as Jay 34705100. Frank had the ECU replaced and it would have 34705200. I'm not going to replace my ecu to find out if I get better milage.

19. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Aw, gee, why not? :)

20. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

Because it wouldn't be covered under Waranty the ecu is
    about 1500 dollers.