1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good price for an '08 Touring Pkg. 6?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by canesfan, Apr 21, 2008.

1. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I originally had this on the Dealers & Pricing forum but there are so many more people viewing on this one. I was just quoted a price of $27,300. Is this good for my area and this time of year? My brain is fried due to how many salesmen I have talked to in the last week!

2. buckiebo

buckiebo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Id guess it would depend on the options, extras and "fees" they like to throw in.

Im fighting the good fight again and like you, I am tired of getting 12 different prices on the same car. It is amazing the different "fees and extras" they tack on to these bad boys.

Reminds me of when I worked for GM and Tahoe's and Suburban's were all the rage!

What all is on your Package 6?

3. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The guy said it's an out-the-door price so we shouldn't get any surprises with fees and whatnot. Don't know about any extra options on it outside the stuff that automatically comes with a Pkg. 6. Not sure I care at this point, just want to be done!

4. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Canesfan,

That's not too bad of a price. That looks like about $1,000 under MSRP. I bought a new '08 Touring for my wife in September of last year for an out the door price of $26,389. I bought our second '08 Touring for me earlier this month for an out the door price of $27,098. If it's the exterior color and interior leather color you want, go for it!!!! With gasoline continuing to climb in price, the demand for Prii will only continue to increase and Dealers will cease offering them below MSRP. It is that way now in many areas of the country.

Go Luck and enjoy your new Prii!!!!

5. RedCooper

RedCooper New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi! This is my first post to this forum. I have been lurking for a few months gathering information about the Prius. My wife ordered a 08 with the Touring package and after a month wait we are now being told that no more are available at this time and the wait will be 3/4 months. The price is about the same as what you quoted but that is on an available car. Were you told that a car can be ordered and delivered within 2 months or so?

6. buckiebo

buckiebo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    rwhoyle is right. All the rage on the 5pm news today has been rising gas prices and as we all know, they are going to continue to go up, up, and up!

The reason I was asking about options, mats, xm, tint, cargo nets, toyoguard..etc. Those things add up after awhile..trust me..I know.

I had my "perfect Prius" sold out from under me when I had to go out of town on an unexpected business trip. I could not blame the dealer even though I had a deposit on it and had no idea when I would return.

So, my next Prius is less than perfect in my eyes. Stickers for 29,663, has toyoguard and mats which I do not want. I intend to purchase the mats elsewhere and then go with the WeatherTech liners.

Care to guess what my OTD price is right now? 29334.00:confused:

So, if your OTD price is 27,098.00 and mine is 29334.00 then I would say hell yeah, thats a good price!

I am in NC and the SE seems to have more fees attached to these things than anywhere I have seen. I also believe the dealer has tacked on an additional 700.00 or so as a ADMIN fee.

That is on top of the 715.00 MDPH fee and the 396.00 DOC fee.

Based on what I went through before and the disaster I am going through now, I guess even if your package 6 has nothing else other than a "base" package 6....you should sign and drive brother!

7. ryanj023

ryanj023 You Mad?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    yes, IMO $27,300 is a good price. $1000 off of MSRP is what you should shoot for. if you can work them for anything more more your doing great.

if you mind me asking, where were you quoted that? average quotes in the portland area that i found seemed to be at about $27,500. i got them to $27,300 but that was with a $400 student discount.

8. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not a car that we can order. It would be one the dealer has or can get from another dealer.

9. ForTheGlory

ForTheGlory New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I forget, does OTD include taxes and tags? If not, my OTD price for a 2008 Package 6 Prius was $26150.

10. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, I would love to sign and drive but they are offering me c**p for my trade-in! So, no go yet... BTW, I'm a sister, not a brother! Ha Ha, no offense taken. ;)

11. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It was Beaverton Toyota. However, the car I wanted was sold before I got there. They can get another at the same price, but same as another dealer they are offering c**p for my trade-in.

12. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it includes tags. No sales tax here in Oregon! :D

13. buckiebo

buckiebo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Whoops! My bad! Sorry about that! I wont hold that against yah sister!;)

Try Carmax for your trade (if they have them "out there") A lot of people I know are swapping gas guzzling suvs for more economical vehicles. Most of those are running or have run into the same thing you have. The dealer where they are getting their new car, will not give them anything for their trade.

Well, someone clued me in to this about 6 months ago. Carmax will buy your vehicle and in most cases that I know about, they pay pretty fair prices for them. I know of 7 people who have went to Carmax JUST TO SELL their vehicle and buy elsewhere.

All but one of those took their offer. They guy that didn't was a Vette owner and well, he said they were out of their mind! Everyone else was VERY happy with the way Carmax does business.

Just an idea. I do not even know if they have those "out there"

Good luck! Keep fighting the good fight! It is hard to BUY wholesale and GET retail for your trade! I have been there and done that!

14. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will check into Carmax. We are willing to take a loss on the trade-in, but not the CrAzY loss it would be if we took their lousy offers!

15. JEFNLSA

JEFNLSA New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just bought our '08 Touring w/ package #6 (w/ the desert package - tint, paint protection etc...) @ $500 under invoice...through internet fleet sales/Power Toyota Tempe AZ. MSRP was $28.800.00...invoice was that less about $2400. Worked out to under $26k. Even got the ext/int color we wanted - Super White w/ dark leather.

16. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No Carmax here! I just checked and the closest one is in Sacramento! Too far! Oh well. We are going to put it in Auto Trader tonight. This is the pits! :(

17. buckiebo

buckiebo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Oh well, sorry about that. I have friends in MSP that are up against the same thing and they do not have a Carmax there either. Nearest one is in WI and they are not willing to do the drive.

Auto Trader..maybe even Craiglist as crazy as it may sound. I know a lot of people are starting to find, sell and buy vehicles and machinery on there as well. Worth a shot and cost you nothing!

Good luck!

18. Silver08

Silver08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We paid $27,300 + $1200 + tax, title, license, for a package #6 Touring.
    Opted for 0.00 down, pmt was reasonable.

We went in top heavy on our trade but only ended up eating $1200 difference. They were being fair, I had the car listed for sale for awhile and it did not sell for the price they gave us. The KBB price they gave was for a higher optioned/less mile vehicle than what we had.

1200 / 36 months = 33.33 per month that we pay extra on the payment. Rather pay the extra per month and have a fixed cost than paying on a car that was only getting 23 avg mpg!!!

19. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We are now in Auto Trader (mag & online), local paper (online, too), and Craigslist. Not one single bite yet! Hubby is sure we'll be able to sell, but I am doubting... :(

20. canesfan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No one is fair here. They all want to juice us for at least $6,000 on our trade!