1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Price in Chicago, Illinois

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by plato98, Apr 23, 2005.

1. plato98

plato98 New Member

Hi. I'm trying to find a Prius in the south-west side of Chicago. The only option I care about is the fog-lights. I took a look at a few dealers and found that either a dealer has fully loaded Prius or base models with a "market adjustment" (found in joliet, il) to equal the fully loaded model??

Anyone know if it's possible to get a Prius in Illinois under MSRP?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't know what to tell you what you, Plato. I haven't heard of any dealers selling for under MSRP in the Chicagoland area. As far as I know there are still waiting lists. If all you're worried about our fog lights, can you buy lower model have been installed? This way I guess your entire cost would be lower.

Than again if you're willing to put your name on multiple dealer lists or look for cars outside the Chicago area, you may have better luck. Consider a post to the general forum. Good luck.

3. plato98

plato98 New Member

I agree with the idea of adding the fog-lights after-market, but I just don't understand why I can get the #6 for list but have to pay list + $3,000 for the base model at a joliet dealer I visited a few days ago?? It's just weird. I live in Orland and thinking of purchasing the #6 just so I don't have to pay over list. Buying a car shouldn't be like this.

4. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Alright, I'm in Orland, so I can help. The one you see in Joliet upcharges on all of them, a package 6 is $29,000 or so, just ignore them, don't give in to their business. I think at the time they wanted to arrange financing, down payment, etc, before the car was even on the lot, but I kinda blanked out after they told me $3k over MSRP.

I don't know how long waiting lists are at Orland or Oak Lawn, but also Countryside (seems to be less talked about/known) had a little bit shorter of a waiting list (they told me 6-8 months instead of other's 8-18 months).

All my info is from last summer/fall, though, and things change. I ultimately got mine in Dec by going to Minnesota (priusonline.com has a lot of dealer's advertising theirs, and I got mine at MSRP there.)

Check downstate in Dan Hecht Toyota in Effingham, about a 3 hour drive or so I think, lots of good reports about them, and quick to get them. Also, when I was checking, north Indiana had some better availabilty.

If you want to see a Tideland in person, I can offer mine to show you as well!

If you have any more questions, etc, reply, or PM me.

5. plato98

plato98 New Member

Thanks for you post.

What's the odds to get another Orland person reading this so soon?

I think your idea of checking down south or indiana is probably the way to go. Toyota Orland didn't seam so bad other than the fact that they never have any Prius in stock. I think I'm looking at driving 100+ miles (or flying) to get a good deal on a prius.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plato98\";p=\"83748)</div>
    The OEM fog lights on the Prius serve no purpose other than cosmetic.

7. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You might also try Riverside Town and Country Toyota in Escanaba, MI where some of us bought ours. From what I hear now the salesman, Scott, is offering to negotiate (probably not much) and reimburse for travel up to his dealership. Try giving him a call at 800-335-5531.

Wayne

8. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Supply seems much better and the increased production is helping bring the lists down. Not only are only 3 option packages common around here (check Toyota's website for the 3, I think #1,#5,#6) but 6's seem most common, maybe either buyer demand or bigger profit on high demand vehicle (more likely - if you can only make so many, make the ones that make the most money!) My feeling was the dealers around here had no idea they were receiving a Prius until the truck showed up, I ignored everything they said about availability once it was obvious they were blindliy guessing. In 3 weeks I was offered 3 cars (not what I wanted) and bought the 4th, so my wait was just due to being picky.

9. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

I was going to post this, because I saw this list calculator on another post, but this might be you, eh, gschoen?

Hybrid Cars Price Pulse

You were probably also the poster that posted the general link.

Now to go check...

10. mikenancy1

mikenancy1 2012 PiP (Base), '10 Highlander Hybrid, '05 Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm in the Chicago area too, and didn't want to wait. I found what I was looking for in the dealer ad section of PriusOnline.com. University Motors in Morgantown, WV had exactly what I wanted. I flew down there ($39 on Southwest from Midway to Pittsburgh), they picked me up at the airport and drove me down to the dealership, and I drove the car home (8 hours). Very smooth transaction, and very nice people to do business with.

I know they still have a good inventory, for we're likely going to get another Prius and I'll probably get it through them again.

Good luck.

11. DrAce2005

DrAce2005 Junior Member

The Joliet dealer has a 2005 silver #6 still on the lot-- it was there last week, and I think it has been there for a while. I think they would probably be willing to drop the surcharge. After I went to Effingham to get mine instead, the next time I was there they said they had stopped adding the charge. Call ahead, just in case.

12. kristensz

kristensz New Member

Go to Classic Toyota In Waukegan, It may be a drive to get the car, but I was able to get $800 off MSRP there, It may not seem like much, but it is some. and only had to wait 3 weeks for mine.

13. lkhensley

lkhensley New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kristensz @ Jun 18 2005, 04:57 PM) [snapback]99690[/snapback]</div>
    I'm going to Classic Toyota tomorrow about a pck 8 they say is coming in 6wks. They want me to put down a deposit but I'm a little hesitant to try and negotiate the price. How did you get them to come down $800 off MSRP??

14. silver90

silver90 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just purchased a 2006 Package 1 from Evans Toyota in Ft. Wayne IN yesterday. Paid MSRP of $23,219. They have unsold on order, but nothing stays on the lot. Each time I've been in, the previous cars were gone. I waited two weeks after putting down a deposit for a pine green. Good luck.

15. priuskim

priuskim New Member

Did you check the "Sponspored Commercial Sales" section of this site? It looks like Grossinger in Lincolnwood will have some cars in stock in the next few weeks.