1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Prius Service in Austin.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Asmodeus2112, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Asmodeus2112

Asmodeus2112 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone able to recommend a dealer service center in Austin? Had lots of problems and need above average tech.

2. Asmodeus2112

Asmodeus2112 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bump. Anyone? Bueller?

Can't stand Charles Maund anymore. Completely unhelpful. They act like they don't like the Prius and any problems I have are what I get for being one of those "Green People". I expect dealerships to treat people like they are stupid and ignorant, but Charles Maund Service is a new low.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    1 person likes this.
  4. Kermitt

Kermitt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    reviving this post since i just joined the prii club a month ago and also live in Austin; all the reviews for the stealers seem very very awful and i always rather an indi, well managed, friendly local shop.

5. Stilts

Stilts Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just had the engine coolant valve replaced on my 2007 Prius at Champion Toyota (Autonation), in Austin, $531.00. The new maintenance bay is impressive and the people working there were extremely nice. I did get stuck with a $49.50 charge for an environmental disposal fee and shop supplies, thought that was extreme! I hope that Toyota actually does a recall on the coolant valve issue - this seems prevalent on 2004-2009 Prius models. The only reason I had it done was because I couldn't pass the annual inspection unless I got the check engine light off, and the sticky coolant valve issue was causing the check engine light to come on. Otherwise I had driven my Prius for almost a year with this issue (P1121 and P1116). I think it may have started sticking after the inverter recall had been done on the vehicle, and the coolant level was a bit low for a period of time. I also had the steering shaft recall done on this visit and so far notice no difference in driving or steering.

6. Kermitt

Kermitt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thx stilt!! I gave a shot to round rock toyota and i was pretty impress with the service, communication and price. I read terrible things about it but my experience was very pleasant.

7. Stilts

Stilts Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a call this week from Champion customer service and they refunded the shop and environmental charges. I did appreciate that since it was not mentioned at all before or after the service was done.