1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Toyota dealers for Prius service?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by onree, Feb 5, 2007.

1. onree

onree Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just wondering if anyone has recommendations or favorites for places to get the Prius serviced. Since mine is new, I'd generally go to a dealer, but I'd love to hear about private mechanics as well.

2. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onree @ Feb 5 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]385725[/snapback]</div>

I took my baby to the Lawrenceville dealer where I bought it for the first service. I'm not sure I would go to a private mechanic considering how new-to-market that the vehicle is. I'd be concerned they wouldn't have the training, resources and experience to work on it.

I wouldn't mind if it was out of warranty. That would be a different story.

Care to join us at the Tex Mex place on Saturday?

:)

-Donna

3. yams69

yams69 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Was that Lawrence Toyota on Route 1? I was thinking they'd be my best bet for service, as close as they are to my work.

I picked up a couple of oil filters there today and was extremely impressed with the layout of their parts department. It looked like a real (albeit small) store, not the typical man-at-the-window-orders-are-nobody-can-see-the-parts-not-nobody-not-nohow you find at most dealerships. The whole dealership really seemed to have their act together professionally. There were people actually waiting to serve customers when they walked up. Would be nice to know that my initial impressions are correct!

4. onree

onree Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just checking in to see if anyone has any new stories or recommendations. I've been going to DCH Brunswick Toyota (off Rt 1) and they've been okay. Everything takes a long time but so far no major problems with them. I've gone for oil changes and a handful of warranty issues.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Regular maintenance is an oil change & tire rotation. Anyone can do it, even a caveman. Find (or return to) your local indy shop.

6. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Jim-
    sorry but I don't agree.
    Unfortunately, I'm just not handy to do much more than change the wiper blades.
    For whatever reason, after I had an oil change at STS, my mileage went down, more than normal for the winter.
    I've been going to Lawrence, and they have been very good to me.
    They did try to fix the dash rattle- it was ok for a while but it did return..... no charge out of warranty.
    One HID headlight needed replacing, and they did it even though it was out of warranty. (Thanks prius chat!)
    I also just had a service, and needed a cabin air filter. Well, 3 days after I paid full price, I got a coupon in the mail for the same service with about $40 discount. I called and complained, and they refunded me the difference! They are rtying had to keep my business!

7. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bought my basic Prius off the lot from Toyota of Turnersville in Jan., '08. It's part of a huge "auto-mall" in S. Jersey.

5,000 mi. oil change & tire rotation was complimentary.

Now, the 10,000 mi. service --

Brought the car in, did the initial paper-work, and they told me it would be done in about 1.5 hrs. They clicked on the 4-way flashers, telling me that's how they'd know that mine is "next in line."

1.5 hrs later, I returned & there's car in the exact same spot, 4-ways still flashing. As soon as they saw me, I could hear a collective "oops" from all the service workers. A secretary jumped up to tell me the same thing she said 1.5 hrs. earlier -- that I'm "next in line."

Found a service mgr. & told him that at least they could have turned off the flashers.
    Yadda-yadda, and bla-bla-bla ---- They gave me the oil change & rotation for free.

Got home & listened to a phone message -- It was Toyota with a reminder to get the car in on time.

I think I'll look elsewhere for my 15,000 mi. check-up.