1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Toyota Service Dept in the San Jose area

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by creativeguy, Oct 26, 2009.

1. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm looking into buying the prepaid maintenance package for my new Prius but have seen scathing reviews of local dealerships, especially in sunnyvale which unfortunately is right down the street. Before I lock myself in for 5 years, can anyone recommend a decent Toyota dealership service center in the San Jose - Palo Alto area?

2. REDWIND88

REDWIND88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

The pre-paid maintenance can be used at any dealership, I live in and bought my car in Seattle but work in Milpitas and used my "coupon" in California. I went to the Toyota along 880/237-forgot its name. Be sure to see if they actually put in the proper oil, and check the oil level before you leave. If they put in the full 5 quarts it may overfill. I lost 3-5 mpg after the oil change, my level was at the upper mark.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bought my Prius at Toyota Sunnyvale, and have had it serviced there twice, and was very pleased with the service experience. Since they're so close, why not give them a try, and see if you get the same great service I got?

4. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm looking for more people to tell me that they had positive experiences at Sunnyvale Toyota Service because I bought the car there and the salesman strongly hinted that the service dept was bad. The online reviews point in that direction too. This is unfortunate since I live just down the street, so they would be very convenient.

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My 2 experiences with them were great:
    --after I couldn't figure out how to change a customization feature using the owner's manual instructions, I took the car to them and they did it gratis while I waited, on a Saturday. I was out in half an hour total.
    --had the oil/filter service done on a drop in basis (didn't have an appointment). I was out in an hour, and they only charged the incremental cost of synthetic vs. conventional oil on top of their web special price (which clearly stated synthetic would be higher). So from memory it was $30 special + $15 = $45, where other area dealers wanted in the $75 range.

6. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Any recommendations (good/bad) for Toyota 101 in Redwood City????

Thanks,

Keith

7. hybridprius

hybridprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Any recommendations for any Toyota dealerships in the SF bay area? I read some online reviews and none seem to be good.

Thanks.

8. fast Linda

fast Linda New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just bought MY 2010 Prius in Gilroy, and was able to negotiate $1000 off the MSRP, and liked the way I was treated there. As a woman, I didn't want to haggle, and then be pressured to buy a matinance package. They really wanted my business, unlike Sunnyvale, or Capital Toyota, both of which told me they would give me nothing off the MSRP...and I had CASH on the barrle, and they both let me walk out of the showroom....Gilroy Toyota----I will go back there again to buy my next car!

1 person likes this.