1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Goodbye to my gas sucking SUV!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by impactco, Apr 30, 2008.

1. impactco

impactco New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just ordered a white/grey fully optioned non-Touring Prius to replace my 14MPG '05 hemi Dodge Durango. I had been trying to find a Touring package car but they appear to be unavailable in the color choices I preferred. I understand that production of the Touring package cars has been discontinued.

I will use the vehicle for my IT service business and I am impressed with how much room there is in the Prius for carrying equipment. I plan on driving to Vegas at the end of the month with my wife so we'll give it a thorough shakedown cruise!

2. nomad

nomad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome, good choice. Hmm, interesting to hear about the touring package being discontinued.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome!

The Touring has no been discontinued. It's probably an excuse for dealers to not stock them or for not receiving any.

4. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't think the touring has been discontinued....not sure what is going on, a lot of people have been getting conflicting information on the 2008.

And when you get your car, you're going to feel like a genius everytime you fill up.

And here's something for you to chew on, every 10,000 miles you drive, you'll likely save around $2,000 in fuel costs alone. Enjoy!

5. impactco

impactco New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am somewhat disappointed that my car broker could not find a Touring car. She said that there were none available in or on the way to California in White, Silver or Red based upon the calls she made to Toyota. She was told by Toyota that it had been discontinued and that the only cars remaining were those in shipment with most of those already sold.

I guess either way I'm still getting a great car!