1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Goodyear Integrities

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by KFitzhugh, Nov 14, 2007.

1. KFitzhugh

KFitzhugh New Member

Hello,

I have had my Prius since Febuary now and since that time I have read a great deal of bad things about the Integrity tires. I don't know if the earlier Goodyear Integrities were worse, but mine have actually been pretty good. I have driven 10,000 miles with them now at 42F/40R and they are still almost like new. The tread still measures 8/32nd on all 4 tires and I have not had one bad occurence with them rain or shine.

At first I was really worried about driving in the rain with them after everything I've read here but now after 10,000 miles I'm looking foward to getting many more miles out of them. My mileage has averaged 52 over the last 10k and the tread is wearing very evenly and slowly, probably due to the pressure.

Since I first got the Prius I have been checking out all the other possible replacement tires, even Nokians. Now I think I'll see how far these Integrities can safely go. Hope I'm not the only one that sees some good in the Integrities.

2. jyl

jyl New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Our OEM Integrities have been fine in spring, summer, and fall. About 14K miles on the Prius, about 9K of that on the Integrities.

No scary incidents even in heavy rain, we do drive pretty smoothly with no racing around. In the dry, they aren't good in hard turns, but we don't drive the Prius that way - and if someone really wanted max roadholding and less understeer, they wouldn't inflate tires to 42 F / 40 R anyway. We switch to winter tires about now, so no experience with these in winter.

The Integrities are holding up okay, at this rate we'll get another year or so out of them before I'll feel they should be replaced.

So, I'd say the Integrities are okay. I will look at different tires when the time comes - longer-lasting would be nice - but I certainly felt no reason to immediately replace these when I bought the car.

I think some people get a bit hysterical about the Integrities, frankly.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cosmicprius @ Nov 14 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]539802[/snapback]</div>
    Come up north :p . They're fine in the rain until you hit a manhole or railway track. Yes I have driven them in the west coast downpour at highway speeds both when new and worn and they're ok.

It's the damp road that gets the Integritys slipping (i.e. it's not raining and no standing water on the road but the road is wet). Snow also confuses the tyres and it just gives up :p

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am on my second set of Integritys and have no complaints. Have driven in rain, sleet, snow and ice. Must have something to do with the way you drive.

5. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think most of the complaints are from those of us who have had problems in snow/ice. Under those conditions they are just horrid. Fortunately for you, you are in a climate where you can get the most out of them.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasalsa @ Nov 15 2007, 05:54 AM) [snapback]539919[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah.. must be. I mean I did get 4.0L/100km 3 times this summer and kept it at 5 during the winter (46mpg).

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have four almost new ones that are yours for the asking if you want to pick them up in the snowy north. We replaced ours almost immediately for the same reasons Tideland describes.

Tom

8. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Over 46K on mine, and they don't look even 1/2 worn, mostly freeway miles in sunny dry California. They are not the best tires I've owned, but certainly not the worst, at least under the conditions I use them. I dumped the OEM Bridgestones on my Impreza after 10,000 miles, and oddly enough went to Goodyears Eagles, and they lasted over 75,000 miles including the occasional auto-x. My lifetime mpgs are right at 51.5.

9. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I found mine "adequate". I think those who find them ok just don't tax them very much. Nothing wrong with that, just the way they drive. Mine didn't give me trouble, and only slipped once in the rain. But the car was new and I wasn't pushing anything. Still learning how it performs.

I replaced them a few months ago with Nokian WR at 10,000 km and found immediately how much worse they are than the Nokians. Still haven't had a chance to drive in the snow with the Nokians (NOTE: I'm not complaining!!!). ;) We usually have snow on the ground from late October on. None yet. It -has- snowed, but each time it melted! :)

Yeah global warming! Why am I driving a Prius - should be spewing out lots of CO2 to keep the snow away. ;)