1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Goodyear Triple Treds on 05

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rewinder, Dec 26, 2004.

1. rewinder

rewinder New Member

Almost ready to spring for a new set of Good year Triple Treds on my 05. After a few slippery trips on greasy roads of late, I need something with more grip to keep the traction control system from kicking in, when starting thru intersections after stoping. I've been reading here that Triple Treds or Hydroedge tires are a big improvement in this issue. I don't want dedicated snow tires as roads are well plowed here, and I've used all seasons on my cars exculively before. If it gets really nasty I use my FWD truck. So I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has used triple treads, and if they helped in keeping the traction control from activating so soon, on acceleration. Thanks in advance

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rewinder\";p=\"60028)</div>
    In a similar vain has anyone used studded snow tires. I have used either snow tires or studded snow tires depending on how often I was going through the passes with a car. I changed them out spring and fall. Studs are going away in most states but they sure save you from putting on chains in a pass and I hate groveling in the slush and snow to get chains on.