1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Goodyear Viva2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jamarimutt, Mar 29, 2006.

1. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

At slightly over 34,000 miles one of the Integritys developed a leak. My wife took the car to a tire shop and they told her that the tire was leaking at several points along the tread; she actually saw many small bubbles emerging from many points. With less than 6000 miles left on the treads I decided to get a new set of tires.

Since, believe it or not, I was actually very pleased with the stock tires (not available locally), I bought set of Goodyear Viva2 tires. These are Canadian made tires with a 440 tread wear index, and according to a couple of websites, they are LRR certified.

Although these tires perform as well as the stock tires, a 2-3 mpg drop has resulted aver the last four tankfulls. :(

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jamarimutt @ Mar 29 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]231930[/snapback]</div>
    You should just about be getting them broken in now, give it a couple more tanks, I experienced the same thing with the HydroEdges but am now doing as well as I ever did with the Integrities.

3. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I certainly hope you're right, because these tires are supposed to last close to 60,000 miles! :(

4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    What is the max sidewall inflation pressure for those Vivas? (hint hint)

5. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New tires topic was a recurring item a little over a year ago or so. Tires have to be broken in. The edges on the tread need to be rounded down a little before you will see a return of FE. After that it is smooth sailing.