1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GoodYesr Triple Thread Tires in Snow WARNING !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cobraz, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cobraz

cobraz Prius Pirate

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    III
    GoodYesr Triple Thread Tires in Snow WARNING !!!

I put these tires on this summer... they do hold the road very well in dry pavement, but they are very loud.

Snow / winter is a different story - I live in New Hampshire on the Mass border. These tires take on a different action.

They are very slippery and you are constantly feeling like you are going to slip off the road at the least amount of snow... even after the tires warm up - it's like being on glass when driving the minute you are at an angle on the highway. Going straight you can feel the car going left and right while you are driving straight.

I have had the aligment looked at twice and the dealers have said its fine. In dry weather the car rides fine as well so it's not a strut or aligement. It's the tires.

Stay away from these tires... A warning too all.
    I would like to see if others have the same issue.
    I am driving a 2008 Touring Prius.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had them on my 2007 Prius for more than 3 winters so far. And I had them on my prior car (1995 Volvo 850) for about 10 winters.

My experience is that they perform very well in snow for an all-season tire.

Three separate tests by Consumer Reports (in 2006, 2007 and 2009) say so too. Here's the latest Consumer Reports tire tests from November 2009:

[​IMG] Consumer_Reports_Nov._2009_Tire_Tests-1.doc

3. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What's your tire pressure set at?

4. essaunders

essaunders Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have triple tread on both my subaru (assurance) and 07 prius (Fuelmax). I find they do fairly well in the snow. I don't expect them to be as good as proper snow tires, but I'm quite happy with them.

5. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When you had the alignment did they do the front only. I know the rear does not require alignment but I would have the rear checked as well. I had the same problem. It was like the car had a mind of its own, it would just want to swap ends. Anyway it turns out the rear had tow out. H

6. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You live in a snow area, why don't you use snow tires during the winter?