1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Google Adsense income here?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by amped, Oct 23, 2005.

1. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've read that due to a change in the Google Adsense program terms of service, click-through income (but not rates) may now be disclosed. I know that it's a privately held forum and is nobody's business but the Admins. But the transparency seen on some other public forums is refreshing, and at least one other specialty car board where I post that's smaller than PriusChat is making triple digits daily. Any interest in disclosing Adsense income to the members here who are providing the content? With some threads having over 60,000 views, and Googlebots crawling here constantly, I hope it's generating enough to keep the place going strong.

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm not really sure it matters - I'm not really all that concerned about the Ad revenue... If there was a problem with not enough income to support the site, I'm sure Danny would say something.

Dave

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Enough, I'm sure, to ensure that those of us who want to pay for membership can and those who don't want to will never be pressured to.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Our Google Adsense income is not anything remotely close to triple digits daily. So far the revenue is enough to pay for the hosting, but really only enough to make PC a hobby, not a full-time job for myself. I'd love to make PC a full time job so that I can add more features to the site and help build the Prius community.

Amped, you willing to PM me a link to the site you're talking about? I'd be interested in looking at their site and seeing their adsense strategy. I've tried to make them as un-obnoxious as possible and actually in the future want to have a totally ad-free PC for members willing to donate over a certain threshold. I know how annoying ads can be, but it does make the server run and puts a lesser personal strain on myself each month to keep the site going.