1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Google News Alert

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Atoyot, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Atoyot

Atoyot New Member

As most everyone knows, Google is one of the best search engines on the web. Well now they also have a news section, and you can get them to send you news alerts. I have done this for the Prius and they send me one message a day with links to all of the news that is about the Prius. You can do the same at http://www.google.com/newsalerts

Enjoy.

Atoyot

2. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Google alerts are what I use to update my Prius web page with all the current news and reviews. It is a great service.

Jeff

3. tag

tag Senior Member

I just signed up. What a great concept!

However, I entered "prius" as the keyword and am wondering whether I should have used something additional as a filter (such as 2004).

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This is exactly what I use to post news here on the site. It'll be great if anyone who receives the news before I get a chance to check it can post it here on PC.

Tag - I entered in prius as the search query, it's only been pulling out applicable Toyota Prius news - guess the word prius doesn't get used too much for other things :)

Another good one to search with is 'toyota hybrid' - there's a lot of info out there on the upcoming Lexus & Highlander via GoogleNews.

5. Atoyot

Atoyot New Member

Dish network DVR

Another thing I do to find out Prius info is to input "prius" into my Dish satellite DVR receiver search screen and tell it to search the listings and discriptions. It has found a couple of programs that I wouldn't have thought to have info on the new Prius. The DVR I have is the model 510 which has a 7 day guide downloaded to the hard drive, so I just do the search once a week to see if there will be any new programs with Prius info. I found a couple including one Motorweek episode that I then protected so that I wouldn't delete it. Then when friends come over I force them to watch it. Can't wait until the new Motortrend TV car of the year episode comes out so I can record it as well!!! :mrgreen:

Atoyot

PS - Tivo and Direct TV should also have this capability.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Yep! I got the first one from Google and it's all 2004 stuff. Excellent!

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hmm...that's a great idea. If you want to keep a thread somewhere with "Prius on TV" that would be awesome since you can search a week in advance. I could then record them on my ReplayTV, and upload the mpegs for people to download if they miss the episodes or don't have a DVR.

8. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Motor Trend COTY show was already on the Speed channel here. I
    watched it on Dec. 15 and it was pretty good.