1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Google.org hybrids

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jstack, Jun 25, 2007.

1. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Have you seen the new google.org push on hybrids, plug-in hybrids and V2G Vehicle to grid connections ?

They can really push the technology. They also have one of the larges private solar systems on their company roof.

If you work for them you get a $5,000 incentive to buy a hybrid that gets over 45 mpg.

www.google.org

2. justifyd

justifyd New Member

Very cool! With Google backing it, one would have to think the plug-in's short-term future looks very promising. :D

- Justifyd

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    When Al Gore's son was caught speeding over 100 miles per hour in his Prius, he helped expose the truth about the Prius to the rest of the world.

With this web site, Google is helping us learn more about the capabilities of plug-in hybrids.

One thing I didn't realize . . . apparently a plug-in Prius is capable of going over 308 miles per hour! :eek:
    http://www.google.org/recharge/dashboard/c...&evt=184051

I now feel so inadequate being able to only go a little over 100 in my regular Prius. :lol:
    And that plug-in also gets 79.6 MPG while doing so. Oh, the shame we all should be feeling driving a lowly regular Prius. ;)