1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Google Phones, Android etc

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by DaveinOlyWA, Oct 8, 2009.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok. will be in market for phone soon (have had touch for over 6 months now...it gettting old)

android options will soon be available. to be honest with ya, dont know a single iota about them

any thoughts? is Google gonna be as good as other interlopers to the cellphone universe??

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Android to grab No. 2 spot by 2012, says Gartner

So in a few years, it's expected that Android will be doing great. However, they aren't there yet. There have been a few Android phones released already, and they've been alright... but certainly not anything to go crazy over.

Apple's had over 2 billion apps downloaded from their app store - no one else even comes close to the amount of penetration they have for apps. They've also released 3 full versions of their OS, while Google is still working on the 1.x release.

In my opinion Android is going to do very well, and be a great thing for the industry as a whole... however, it isn't there yet, and it will require a TON more penetration into the apps market before i would consider switching away from my iPhone.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok. verizon just partnered with google. i guess we shall see. so operative word here; let someone else be the guinea pig.

well, i have been driving Pri's for over 5½ years, EV's almost 2 years... waiting for someone to try it first has never been my strong point.