1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Google Video Titled: How to access the drive recorder menu on the Prius NHW20R

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sparkymarvin, Jan 13, 2007.

1. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi Everyone,

First off, I must apologize if a similar question has been asked before on these forums. I did a search, but could not find anything. Perhaps I am just not computer savy enough.

I viewed the video on "Google Videos" with the title "How to access the drive recorder menu on the Prius NHW20R." I think the NHW20R is an Australian model number or something, but the video is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

Can this menu be accessed on a US or Canadian Prius? Does anyone on these forums have more information about this video? Are there any members of Prius-UK Yahoo group here?

Once again, I hope my questions aren't a repost here.

~Andrew

PS. The link...
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1285231539897228307

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think the sequence is:

From Consumption screen press Display bezel button (demonstrated on a Prius without NAV), then–

1. On the left side of screen press top, bottom, top, bottom, top, bottom, which brings up System Check Mode screen.

2. System Check Mode screen displays various results. Press Menu button on upper right.

3. This displays the Diagnostic Menu screen. Press upper-left corner, lower-right corner.

4. This brings up Product Diagnostic Menu. Lots of interesting menu items, but Drive Recorder is picked in the video.

5. This shows Display MM(?) Diagnosis Recorder where the video ends. Of note is the middle which references a Transfer method of IEEE 1394, better known as Firewire. Anyone found a Firewire connector?

As for what all this does, other than let you get in trouble, I have no idea... Who wants to press the Start button?

4. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks for the replies.

I too have had that urge of curiosity to press the start button while driving. Does anyone want to volunteer his or her car for an experiment?
    (We are talking about the same thing right Bill?)

~Andrew

5. Myron

Myron Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sparkymarvin @ Jan 14 2007, 03:45 AM) [snapback]375367[/snapback]</div>
    It was me that made that video clip of the Drive Recorder and how to get to it. I have found another useful web site that describes the disgnostic screens on the '06 version of the Prius.
    http://arcticmac.home.comcast.net/prius/

Oh... I live in the UK. I assume NHW20R relates to the european version of the Prius or the `R` indicates a sub-version.