1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got a birthday wave today!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Darwood, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After 1 month of driving, I got my first Prius Wave today, which happens to be my birthday. It was from an identical Millenium Silver 05. The woman was waving frantically as I pulled up to the light and I waved as she went by me. I've waved one other time with no response before, so it was cool to have a reciprocal wave. I used to get this all the time when I rode a motorcycle. Bikers in frigid MN, like to acknowedge each other, unless you're on a rice rocket.

BTW, due to the cold weather here, we have only averaged 38 MPG so far. But that includes prewarming the car for the sake of our 18 month old child and 10-15 minute commute which reaches stage four about the last minute. Then again, our Jeep gets about 12 MPG, so its still a huge difference. We are thinking of getting another and having his and her Prii.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    [img=left:8a5357d210]http://www.geocities.com/tonypschaefer/Priapus/Birthday.jpg[/IMG]Well, happy birthday! Isn't it great to get a wave from someone who also appreciates the Prius. I've waved to many Prii and some have even (as though intentionally) snubbed me. Prius or not, it just feels good to wave and be waved at.

And is there no end to the Easter Eggs in PriusChat. Did you see the Birthday Cake icon under your name? When someone clicks it, they are taken to the Private Message screen where they can send you a personal birthday wish.
    How sweet.